Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Latest OWB on MorphOS equipped MacMini - not good  (Read 5534 times)

Description:

Offline save2600Topic starter

• Show all replies
Latest OWB on MorphOS equipped MacMini - not good
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:51:27 AM »
Last two months or so, my system has become a completely useless unstable POS. Seemed to happen when I "upgraded" to the latest OWB come to think of it. System crashes at every turn, and I'm only dealing with Facebook, Youtube (under their HTML 5 bull****, which still sucked) and umm... maybe the occasional A.org or AtariAge drop in. Nothing too heavy duty here. Truth be told, I'm no longer in the mood nor am I tolerant of such horse****. Especially when having tech industry geek friends over, trying to sell them on this alternative crap.

Anyone want to take this G4 MacMini and Morph OS license off my hands? All of it's worth $225. I SWEAR it is!  :lol:

At the very least, I'd a copy of MacOS 10.4 to put back on this MacMini. Since I already sprung for the MorphOS license, anyone wanna do a swap of sorts?

My apologies to the MorphOS team if it's just OWB wrecking my system, but like I said - I only just want to deal with stuff that works from here on out.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:01:32 PM by save2600 »

• Show all replies
Re: Latest MorphOS on MacMini - all but done
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:14:44 AM »
Using the ever buggy site dependent HTML 5 protocol it will. But watch a video or two and expect problems. Incredible slowdown of the system. Lag, audio not maching video and eventual systemOS crawl/crash.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »
Sorry all for the drunken rant last night! Post was bad too. Should have read: Latest OWB on my MorphOS system really sucks!  :lol:

Thanks Piru, I'll give this another shot and get back to you regarding error logs and what it's doing before the crash one of these days. Thing is, this computer is hooked to a big screen in the basement where I wanted company that comes over, to be able to see how slick the OS is. But like I said, it's been going downhill after the latest install of OWB. All I really ever use the system for is the occasional game (can't even get vector graphics games to work in MAME) and really light internet usage. In fact, I only mentioned YouTube because that's one of the few things I might try to use with OWB, but haven't in quite some time. No, the latest version of OWB is crashing my system during a Wikipedia or Facebook session. Renders both my system and the wireless ethernet box completely useless. Icons will go missing or behave improperly too. Have to reboot after letting the computer AND the wireless card sit for a while. It's very aggravating.  

Oh and Gizmo... screw Leopard on a PPC Mac. Been there, done that. It sucks and Apple sucks for only releasing the update for Intel based Mac's. I'd have been REAL pissed had I paid retail and was ditched shortly after. 10.4.11 Tiger runs perfect on my PPC's however, so I wouldn't mind putting that on the Mini. Don't have a disc though  :(

In the meantime, my offer still stands to sell if anyone wants it: 1.25ghz, 40gb HD, MorphOS clean install with latest Ultimate Pack.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:24:45 PM by save2600 »

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
Quote from: Fab;657383

Oh, and about MAME (since i also did the port), it's also funny you don't get it to work. Actually, i haven't tested vector games, but many others like neogeo, cps1&2, psikyo and so on, and they work nicely, especially on a macmini. Maybe you just have wrong rom sets there.

Nah, ROMS are all good... most all games run great, it's just the vector ones that either don't come up at all, stall the system or try to throw a goofy screen setting. I've tried re-adjusting the screenmode prefs (adding new ones also) to no avail too.