Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED  (Read 32119 times)

Description:

Offline Wilse

Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« on: February 18, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »
Great news - now if I can just get the bloody 4.1FE disc to install on my A1XE......

Offline Wilse

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »
Given all the water that's flowed under the bridge thus far, I doubt a fully functional OctaMED for OS4 will ever see the light of day.
Even if it does, most of us bedroom music producers gave up waiting on it years ago and moved to something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably still buy a copy but more out of curiosity and nostalgia than any real likelihood of using it to produce music. I've been using other tools on other platforms for that for well over a decade now.

Offline Wilse

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Octamed SS, as a generally system friendly app already runs just fine on OS4 on the BlizzPPC. I also ran it fine on my A1XE (before it died), by using "The Marstrix" AHI redirection tool for faking a Maestro sound card which is one of the built in output options for mix mode.

Worth noting that on a graphics card, it works best on it's own 8-bit screen rather than just running it on a copy of the workbench screen mode.

Missed this at the time Karlos, apologies.

The last time I tried OSS on OS4/A1XE the MIDI was broken. I haven't tried it for over a year but I imagine this is still the case.
If someone could fix that, it would make it a much more attractive bit of software for OS4.

Offline Wilse

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
Just bumping this as I can't find any other thread.
Did this ever get anywhere?
Any new version released, in the works or even vaguely planned?
I've been out of the loop for about a year.

The following users thanked this post: duga