Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LightWave Training Tour Launches at Amiga Expo  (Read 3232 times)

Description:

Offline kwoodallTopic starter

• Show only replies by kwoodall
    • http://www.novadesign.com
LightWave Training Tour Launches at Amiga Expo
« on: March 06, 2002, 04:15:04 AM »
NewTek, FX Academy and Amiga Expo are all pleased to announce the launch of the Worldwide LightWave Training Tour at Amiga Expo on March 29th-31st at the Marriott Hunt Valley Inn in Maryland!

Two days of powerhouse LightWave learning (Fri/Sat), with inside knowledge direct from the experts at NewTek in conjuction with the training team of FX Academy - the world's best LightWave and visual effects school. LightWave instructors include Lee Stranahan (Editor In Chief of Keyframe Magazine and the program director of FX Academy) and Graham Toms (NewTek Europe's director of training and a former teacher at the Disney Institute).

These seminars will feature instruction on all aspects of the latest release of LightWave, including character animation, modeling, logo work, lighting, rendering tips, special features like Sasquatch and Motion Designer and much much more! The lecture style training is going to be supplemented by a CD packed full of training materials, tutorials, demo software and other goodies - all for only $189 per person for the two day session!

In conjunction with the WorldWide LightWave Training Tour, Amiga Expo will also be hosting free Video Toaster[2] demos, Aura demos as well as resellers and more!

As a special bonus, anyone signing up for the LightWave Worldwide Training tour will also receive a free pass for the Amiga Expo show and exhibits. To sign up for the training visit www.LearnLightWave.com. To book your hotel room call 1-410-785-7000 and be sure to mention Amiga Expo to get the discounted rates.

About The LightWave Worldwide Training Tour
Presented by NewTek, IBM, Keyframe Pro Magazine, newtekPRO magazine, and FX Academy, the LightWave Worldwide Training Tour will be visiting over 25 cities in the next months. The first leg of the tour is focused on the United States, Canada, and also has two stops in Europe. The complete tour schedule is available online at www.LearnLightWave.com.

About The Amiga Expo
Amiga Expo is just about the coolest, most independent and fun computer trade show in years! You'll get a chance to learn the latest about the Amiga (yes, there's a latest) as well as seeing the current generation of products from companies who first got famous on the Amiga; companies like NewTek (creators of LightWave 3D and the Video Toaster) and Nova Designs (creators of ImageFX and Cinematte for Photoshop and Aura). Covering more than just the Amiga, you'll see other dealers and companies showing new hardware for many computer platforms and for video. Don't be surprised if you see actual robots tooling around as well - Team 'Top Secret Robotics' of Robot Wars and Robotica will be speaking as well!

There will also be a fun banquet on Saturday night and you can get your own banquet tickets only $35 per person by calling 1-800-932-6442 - or visit Amiga Expo's web site to order your banquet tickets online at www.amigaexpo.com

Chathurawind

Re: LightWave Training Tour Launches at Amiga Expo
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 06:05:51 AM »
It's just sad that Newtek only participates in Amiga expos inorder to get us to buy their products for other platforms , most of which can't even read their Amiga Toaster/Flyer files.They burned me once , Never Again!

Chathurawind

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 01:21:45 PM »
I was kinda hoping that wasnt the case, although i had a feeling they had left the Amiga!

But still, its a good idea from a marketing point of view. People in the AmiCommunity still use and enjoy this stuff, so upgrading is a logical choice!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 02:34:30 PM »
Wonder what are the possibilities  of using the VideoToaster2 in the AmigaOne system?  They would have more horse power to start developing on Amiga again.  Just a thought, but since it's a PCI board, it would physically fit, but would need the drivers/apps to support it.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 07:02:34 PM »
Yes, its sad that Newtek had to leave the Amiga platform to SURVIVE the commodore mess.  Do you think Newtek would still be around had they not supported other platforms?  Surely they would have died and we would not have the GREAT products we have now to choose from.  The one thing to keep in mind is, should the Amiga one, with its pci slot, become a success, and should amiga os sell well, it would not surprise me that newtek may realease in the near future a version of there Toaster Two for the Amiga.  I guess if everyone votes with thier dollars and it shows promise, Newtek may just come back.  I bet they would love a simple OS to use  as opposed to the Next generation of Microsoft cvrap.

Chathurawind

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 07:18:28 PM »
It's a vicious cicle. The platform will only survive with good apps and niche markets. You can't have the apps after the success! Video is a good one oportunity.
Ok, toaster 2! It would not be that hard to do drivers for AmigaOS4!! The toaster applications would need porting to PPC, but then existing 68k ones will run. It would be clever to optimize the boottlenecks with PPC code first and let the rest surface by osmose:) I bet those apps would rock with AOS4.

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2002, 08:58:30 AM »
Going to an Amiga show when you don't have an Amiga product? The intention there is quite clear.. would have been nice if they continued to develop for the Amiga.. yeah, move to other platforms to survive, but don't expect the Amiga community (other than the business community) to support you when you abandon them.. give us a new lightwave or go away...

Chathurawind

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2002, 12:59:43 AM »
I will support them, no problems on that.  They are a wonderful company and with your mindset I could see them wondering if they should come back.  Its all in the attitude :-D Do not be surprised if we here more from Newtek in the near future :lol:

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2002, 01:21:20 PM »
"Do not be surprised if we here more from Newtek in the near future"

I would. Few companies that have moved platform have continued to support Amiga. Very few actually.

IF they actually did it, it could drive the Amiga alive again, really, given that there are still many toasters out there being used professionaly, and many people in video that just loved the Amiga.
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Valan

• Show only replies by Valan
    • http://www.creativepixels.com.hk
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2002, 03:56:42 PM »
I bought Lightwave 3.5 when it became available as a stand alone application. Since then I have used it professionaly daily. It continous the Amiga philosophy although it now resides on a PC or Mac.

To my mind NewTek did not abandon Amiga or it's community. It still has a Video Toaster Amiga forum.

I think the obvious use of the AmigaDE for NewTek is in the area of rendering farms. The strength of the AmigaDE is how it can work accross a network. NewTek may find a great improvement by using AmaigaDE on PCs just for rendering.

NewTek can be very good news for the Amiga. Please goto  http://www.lightwave3d.com/product/projects_list.html      and see where Lightwave is in use today.

Valan

Chathurawind

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2002, 05:53:13 AM »
Well when they sold me on buying the Flyer they led me to believe my investment was safe because Toaster 2 was going to be a platform independent external box that it could be moved into.Then when the Amigia Toaster/ Flyer software wouldn't integrate with the controls for the TBC-IV they led me to believe a Newtek TBC which would plug into the Flyer Boards TBC slot was forth coming.And when they finally came up with an installation of Flyer/Toaster software 4.2 that didn't trash a Toaster 3.x install they had the audacity to call it a "conveniance" upgrade (4.3) and charged us $99.00 for the privilage of a clean installation .Then they dropped Amiga developement.Even factoring in shipping and handling that's about $90.00 from each Amiga user that was used for developing for other platforms.