Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Things are getting strange ...  (Read 24057 times)

Description:

Chathurawind

Re: Things are getting strange ...
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2002, 04:13:07 AM »
does any of this really matter?

What if MS pulls their tricks on Amiga?

It's not like Amiga has been honest and open with the real community. It's not like Tao is not into Intellectual Property Generation. It's not like fleecy hasn't always been one wanting to own and control the property of others. It's not like Bill McE would be out of a job (he can always truck XBOXes across country...

So what if MS absorbs Amiga, they already have had access to all the Intellectual Property of the Amiga we have always known, thanks to Gateway and MS licensings.

MS certainly doesn't need Amiga for any of the Amiga technology we have known, so they must be interested what? NDAs?

Think about it!  MS is going to find out what eve the Amiga community doesn't know???

lol

Chathurawind

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2002, 04:34:32 AM »
Maybe this is why Amiga failed to make an appearance at Alt WOA and still have'nt announced appearing at any other Miggy shows!

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2002, 05:50:11 AM »
 :-? I really don't think this is a great idea...  Is this info already confirmed?  I really doubt Microshit is that interested in AMIGA...  Maybe is this just another 10 years old rumor...

:pint: Let's wait to see the facts...

Chathurawind

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2002, 06:00:44 AM »
Well, nobody can say now that Microsoft doesn't know about Amiga. They most assuredly do. :)

Amiga stumbled upon Microsoft's plans, or direction anyway, and of course this was going to alert Microsoft. Welcome to the radar screen, Amiga.  ;)

The  problem isn't outside of Amiga, though;  it's inside.

Offline System

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2002, 07:22:21 AM »
One word.......

JAVA

Need I say more? or do we all have short memories these days?

Chathurawind

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2002, 07:36:11 AM »
TAO held the International patents in unique translation method, similar to DOT NET. Perhaps MS want to avoid lawsuit. Another possibility: they want to see AMIGA DE ported to Win CE for attacking the new Palm OS on PDA.

Chathurawind

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2002, 07:42:22 AM »
DEJA VU: In CEBIT 1995 EXPO, TAO show its product at MOTOROLA POWERPC booth. 2 years later, MOTOROLA bought shares of TAO Group. I hope MS will not buy AMIGA Inc shares from the bankrupt KOURI Capital / Invicible Hands.

Offline System

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2002, 08:16:48 AM »
After reading some of the comments.

Amiga does have a say about being bought out.

And I can see Bill McEwen saying "Get out", after some MS exec's come into is office will a suitcase full of money.

They do have a say in these things guys, it is *there* company

~Betajaen

Chathurawind

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2002, 09:18:27 AM »
Actually, I'd say the whole thing is more of a "PR", a la anti-trust-excersise, to give the public/DoJ an impression that Microsoft is willing to co-operate or at least not crush it's competitiors. Amiga is a perfect candidate, as Amiga is a small powerless company Microsoft doesn't care about as a serious competitor (at least not yet - perhaps they don't realise the potential..).

Remember, Amiga/TAO aren't the only ones in the world with a write-once-run-anywhere-embedded-portable-PDA environment.

Don't get me wrong, AmigaDE and their strategy has a future...

- Paul

Chathurawind

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2002, 09:20:29 AM »
Hmm, perhaps I didn't write a clear message... by letting a non-MS company in their booth, basically they can try and shake the evil, crushing, stomping, cold and greedy mega-corporate image that it has.

Or maybe Fleecy just knows the MS guys setting up the booth and is hitching a ride at the show ;)

- Paul

Chathurawind

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2002, 09:32:37 AM »
Hmmmmm,

And lets not forget that Microsoft HQ are 1 hour away
from Amiga Inc!!! ;)

Tim

Chathurawind

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2002, 11:15:35 AM »
So what if MS absorbs Amiga, they already have had access to all the Intellectual Property of the Amiga we have always known, thanks to Gateway and MS licensings.

Please oh wise and great swami, enlighten us of your wisdoms and bear fruit so that our knowledge may be as vast as thine.  Stuff like that is almost as bad as the tripe you hear from T.Rue in the newsgroups.

:evil:

Offline Housey

• Show only replies by Housey
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=33
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2002, 11:41:09 AM »
All depends why they want Amiga Inc to demo DE.

Would love to know more about this.

Why would they have Amiga Inc in a M$ booth demoing DE.  It just doesn't make sense... I MUST NO MORE !!!!  :-D

Offline gnarly

• Show only replies by gnarly
    • http://thinkdrastic.net/
Re: Mozilla port
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2002, 12:54:22 PM »
I hate to put a dampener on things but if you look at http://mozamiga.mozdev.org/ you'll see that it hasn't been updated for about seven months :-(

Still, if some DE coders were to go and help the guy out a bit, thinks might move along a bit... HINT HINT! :-)
Cheers,

Olly
Think Drastic

Chathurawind

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2002, 01:29:26 PM »
I guarantee it WAS Tim Rue!

Offline Rodney

• Show only replies by Rodney
    • http://donthaveone.com/
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 26, 2002, 01:34:05 PM »
A few stories ago i said "Maybe thats what bill will be announcing - regarding the announcement he will make at embedded confrence (or whatever it is)".

:) Garry has said that they are going to be at their booth and that they asked Amiga Inc to demo some stuff.

Has anyone noticed how similar .NET is to Elate in technology?

Maybe Bill approached Bill and said, with your help we could squash SUN. Bill would have loved that :)...

Bill prolly found Bill through his connections at Gateway and word got out.

Are we a new memeber of the MS community?

I doubt it >:) - its bollocs, however if all ive said turns to be true , call me pyschic.
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.