Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FFmpeg + FFplay SVN-r18880 (m68k)  (Read 19176 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: FFmpeg + FFplay SVN-r18880 (m68k)
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »
GREAT JOBBBB!!!! i just tried it on my a4k 060, its faster than megacz's port of mplayer. the test porky.mov is played back insync with audio on!. i tried also a couple of other more complex avis up to 640x480. up till now if they were playable then only with warpos enchanced players. now with low_quality_mp3 and -lowres and skipframe it is possible to view them even if with distorted sound and frameskip. if it could be optimized further we could even have a working 68k amiga media player. i do not dare to hope...
it seems to be quite stable too!! no hits whatsoever, responsive while execution!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:15:32 AM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »
@piru: if im not mistaken this port still seems to use sdl for display. but even if its not optimizable still its quite impressive on pure 68k

edit: well, yes it was me that supposed that discussions between you and bernd result in this wild version numbers. edit: sorry, bullshit on my side. yes, renaming the lib might be a good solution and wouldnt harm anyone. but are you sure that new functions in ixemul break things on mos? did you try and found an example?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:51:24 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
bernd may be less experienced than you and a stubborn person, but if he wasnt we would miss one of the few remaining programmers that still move things on 68k forward. if you are really concerned about above why dont you talk privately to bernd? im sure he is eager to learn and improve things and would accomodate every constructive advice into his work. since the code seems to be on sf you even could work together to assure keeping mos compatibility in ixemul.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:37:29 AM »
@ami_stuff: no. it is not overclocked. as far as understand oxypatcher just like cyberpatcher patches non optimized exes on the fly. so you want someone to run your current exe on a regular 060/50 with oxypatcher on? unfortunatelly i do not recall to have this soft but i havnt examined the software boxes i got lately with my last purchuase. i see softwarehut has this too, maybe i could get it if need be.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 12:08:18 PM »
how about replacing sdl parts of code, it displays via sdl i take it? maybe we should create a bounty to optimize it for the last century hw? :P no, im serious..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
@ami_stuff: thinking again im not sure mp3 decoding and sdl display fuctions are critical. disabling audio doesnt bring that much speedup suprisingly at least at low quality player. i know, on 060 mp3 decoding is in fact already an expensive task, but anyway. from what was posted on amigans on topic of the new flash port, replacing sdl drawing fuctions with os4 native has not brought a major speedup. so probably it is just decoding that matters most.

@bernd: after all i too think you are right.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »
@ami_stuff: yeah. i could get this damn delfina with a mp3 decoder dsp, i wantde to do it for weeks. but i could throw as well these >100eur into the basket to optimize mpega.library. are you sure it has to be done from the scratch, there are numerous versions on the net. none asm optimized for mp3 decoding?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »
@ bernd:
voodoo supports overlay atl east as far as its used by elbox driver to display dma signal streaming from a tv card in a workbench window. its fully resizable and all. i dont know exactly of p4 but i could test it someow. but since there was also tv-receiver module for p4 once i believe also p4 supports overlay to some extent. i have both graphic cards installed in my both main amiga machines so i can test. i have also some cv64 layin around here, so i could build system to test that too. have been too lazy so far..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
bernd, quit here and go back to work.:P it makes no sence to endlessly discuss here conspiracy theories. you can prove your point best by effects of your work.

those who dont like or want, what bernd has done with ixemul or sdl are free to stay away from it. frankly, i do not recall an unix port on amiga that installs _any_ ixemul version by default, let alone not asking the user, but ixemul of this or that versionsnummer is usually named as required. alas not always so with other libraries. construtive criticism along with founded propositions will help all of us to advance. hate-wars will not.