Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Viva Amiga Documentary - Pre-orders and donations officially being accepted NOW!  (Read 38794 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
News from Zach Weddington via Kickstarter Viva Amiga site

Hello everyone!

If you're reading this, you've probably been to http://www.amigafilm.com and have seen the trailer, and are likely an Amiga user or general fan. But if that's not the case, here's the general pitch:

In 1985, a powerful new kind of computer was born. It was 10 years ahead of its time, and ready to take on Microsoft, IBM and Apple for control of the PC market. The Amiga computer revolutionized video, multimedia and digital art, with Andy Warhol being a big advocate. It was also known for being a fantastic video games machine. Despite the computer's manufacturer going bankrupt in early 1990's, the Amiga has a huge cult following worldwide to this day. This film documents the rise and fall of the Amiga in the marketplace, and gives an inside look at the passionate and eccentric community that surrounds it. We've got in-depth interviews with the Amiga's designers, engineers and advocates, and we'll be shooting even more. This is a compelling and unique documentary, rich with animation and a distinctive style. Viva Amiga is also being written and directed by an Amiga user - me, Zach Weddington! Without the Amiga, I seriously doubt my career in film and animation would be where it is today.

Rather than just ask for donations, we've decided to give everyone some cool stuff in return, so take a look at the great rewards we're offering at the various donation levels. These packages we're offering now at these prices will only be available to Kickstarter donators, so don't miss the chance to get this stuff and help fund the film. All donations for packages include shipping!  

Your donations will enable us to complete the film. Here are some big names that we've already filmed so far:

Jeff Porter - Former Commodore Engineer - in charge of hardware develepment. He gave us the 500.

Dave Haynie - Former Commodore Engineer -  best known for the Amiga 3000. He shot the infamous "Deathbed Vigil" video.

Bil Herd - Former Commodore Engineer, Principal Enginneer on the Commodore 128 and others...

Andy Finkel - Former Commodore Engineer - software

Jason Scott - Computer Historian, Writer (http://www.textfiles.com), and Filmmaker (BBS - The Documentary, Get Lamp)

RJ Mical, legendary video game industry pioneer, Workbench designer, and part of the original Amiga design team, has just signed on to be interviewed.

Eric Schwartz, well-known Amiga animator, will appear in the film as well. He has also offered to do some special graphics for the film.

My long-time friend and expert animator Maksim Bondarev has also just signed on with the film! He'll be creating 3-D models of all the major Amiga models that will be used for animated sequences in the film.....

...and several other important Amiga journalists, scenesters and engineers too.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about the kick-ass soundtrack being composed by Amiga mod scene musician Zoë Blade!

I want to thank you SO much for your support so far. This project is moving along great now. But we need your help. You may place a pre-order for one of our cool packages or simply donate. We've set a goal of $25,000 for pre-orders/donations, but honestly that is the bare minimum we need to pull this off. I'd love to see it soar much higher. The more donations and/or pre-orders we receive, the better the film will be. You have no idea of the costs we will encounter - travel fees, lab/post-production costs, legal fees... it goes on and on. Please help!

So please head on over to our kickstarter.com page and place your pre-order now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vivaamiga/viva-amiga-the-documentary-film

The Amiga will never die!
Zach Weddington
Producer, Viva Amiga
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Id love to see this when its done, so I may have to cough up the 35 when I get paid again

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Did anyone notice Hazy Dave's double chin?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
I really like the look and idea of this film so far, and already they have a lot of people interviewed and people helping to make this film, I just dont get where the $25,000 goal is coming from, I understand the costs of travel and time spent on it but thats a lot of money to try and raise, plus also if the money is not raise what will happen then will the film/interview they have? Any way I've back it and i hope everyone else will.

Offline The_Gooze

• Show only replies by The_Gooze
Sounds great!

I've added my name to the list so let's hope this happens.
The_Gooze!

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Great news... Pre-Order done... :D

Really looking forward to the completion of this movie, be nice to have a complete history of the Amiga through good times & bad times on DVD to keep forever. Hopefully with some old and rare plus some new clips/footage & interviews, keep up the good work guys I really hope you can pull this off... :)

@AmigaNG

Making a professional quality film aint cheap, my nephew in Portland Oregon is a young film maker (whom I support via KickStarter)  and $25,000 is peanuts really when when it comes to making a film... :)

Most folk don't actually own the Cameras/Lighting/ Editing equipment etc... all of which have to be hired as well a the cost for studio time for editing/gfx/audio etc... (doubt this will required paid extras so that's one cost down)... ;)

It can be a very costly business putting together a project like this as very rarely you'll get something for free and almost every aspect of the project has to be paid for and these things don't come cheap, if you want the best then you have to pay for it I'm afraid... :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
If you were really crafty you would do the entire movie using nothing but the original video toaster. Doing it this way will also ensure it will be cheap to make. You have to keep it real man, use the toaster!   :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline nicholas

Pre-orders eh?

Do we get a t-shirt too?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline outlawal2

Quote from: Franko;633655
Great news... Pre-Order done... :D

Really looking forward to the completion of this movie, be nice to have a complete history of the Amiga through good times & bad times on DVD to keep forever. Hopefully with some old and rare plus some new clips/footage & interviews, keep up the good work guys I really hope you can pull this off... :)

@AmigaNG

Making a professional quality film aint cheap, my nephew in Portland Oregon is a young film maker (whom I support via KickStarter)  and $25,000 is peanuts really when when it comes to making a film... :)

Most folk don't actually own the Cameras/Lighting/ Editing equipment etc... all of which have to be hired as well a the cost for studio time for editing/gfx/audio etc... (doubt this will required paid extras so that's one cost down)... ;)

It can be a very costly business putting together a project like this as very rarely you'll get something for free and almost every aspect of the project has to be paid for and these things don't come cheap, if you want the best then you have to pay for it I'm afraid... :)

Gee Franko no whining about this company taking pre-orders?  Oh yeah you LIKE this company so it is OK..   Friggin hypocrite

Offline Gulliver

Quote from: Kesa;633657
If you were really crafty you would do the entire movie using nothing but the original video toaster. Doing it this way will also ensure it will be cheap to make. You have to keep it real man, use the toaster!   :)

Are you kidding? It is absolutely unreasonable to use an old video toaster, unless you aim at vhs quality these days.  :)
The original video toaster was great in its time for video, but then it means staying with analog video in this digital age.

Even my cellphone has better video editing features than an old trusty video toaster. But then, today I wouldn´t make a film on my cellphone.

Offline Franko

Quote from: outlawal2;633668
Gee Franko no whining about this company taking pre-orders?  Oh yeah you LIKE this company so it is OK..   Friggin hypocrite

Nothing hypocritical about it, why would a I place an order with a company who products I don't like or even trust... :confused:

I've been following this project from the start and it's something I would like to buy, there has been no broken promises/ wild claims or folk from this project telling us to like it or lump it, so why the frig wouldn't I support it...

Now you on the other hand just seem to be one enormous a-hole with nothing better to do than hang on my every word in the hope you can criticise it, my advice... get a life or drop dead (preferably the later)... :)

PS: Have a nice day... ;)

Offline outlawal2

Buddy I definitely don't hang on your every word, but since you SPAM your friggin bullshit on every thread imaginable, we can't get AWAY from your stupid idiotic posts...  

As for being a an A-Hole, you would be wise to go back and read the crap that you type on a daily basis...  

YOU SIR..   Are the A-HOLE

Offline Franko

Quote from: outlawal2;633673
Buddy I definitely don't hang on your every word, but since you SPAM your friggin bullshit on every thread imaginable, we can't get AWAY from your stupid idiotic posts...  

As for being a an A-Hole, you would be wise to go back and read the crap that you type on a daily basis...  

YOU SIR..   Are the A-HOLE

Why thank you kind sir... :)

Difference is I know it and am proud to be... :)

Sad thing is you just don't realise yet how big of an A-HOLE you are too... ;)

PS:Aint you dead yet... :(

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
I would think one big difference is that, using kickstarter, if they don't get the $25,000, you get your money back..

Of course, as has been said, $25,000 isn't much for a film, so even if they get the $25,000, I suppose there still could be issues...

Just a case of whether or not it's worth the gamble to you...
I think I trust them, so I'm considering it....  We'll see...

Quote from: Franko
my nephew in Portland Oregon
Wait..  Isnt' Runequester in Portland.. er..  Hmmmm...  I wonder....

;-)

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Quote from: desiv;633678

Wait..  Isnt' Runequester in Portland.. er..  Hmmmm...  I wonder....

Well, allegedly Doomy's in Beaverton, OR so that would fit too.
Back away from the EU-SSR!