Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasos review thread volume II (The on topic thread)  (Read 11187 times)

Description:

Offline Jethro_Tull

• Show all replies
Re: Pegasos review thread volume II (The on topic thread)
« on: May 08, 2003, 11:17:36 AM »
Thanks for the very informative posts redromlua.  

Just one quick question to readers of this thread.  If (i.e. it's hypothetical) OS4 was a competent effort and made available on Pegasos / Pegasos II at a fair price, would you buy it? Personally, I think OS4 on the Pegasos would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.  And if (again, that 'if' is important) Pegasos users are willing to buy OS4, maybe Hyperion can be coaxed in writing a version for it.  

Hyperion would sell more copies, developers would have a larger base, Pegasos owners would have more choice, clashes in the community would be mitigated and Genesis could concentrate more on hardware.

Finally, a more technical question.  Would the Peg run happily in a MicroATX case with a 150W PSU.  I have an old PC with a Voodoo3 3000 Card, 128Mb Samsung DIMM and 12Gb IBM Hard Disk.  It seems ideal to be turned in a Pegasos computer (currently uses an ALI Aladdin board with a Cyrix 550MHz CPU).

Thanks ppl

Offline Jethro_Tull

• Show all replies
Re: Pegasos review thread volume II (The on topic thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 11:35:42 AM »
Multiple boot options for OS4, MacOnLinux and maybe MorphOS would definitly the best option.  Is a program similar to Partition Magic available for the Peg?