Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Maguire's Topic on retro feelings  (Read 424 times)

Description:

Offline kreciu

Re: Maguire's Topic on retro feelings
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:57:57 PM »
It is one of this hobbies where you can make a sandwiches (A1200+ other things), spend some hours to make it work (some beer is nice), install Workbench (configure all software to make it work as it "should") etc. etc.

For me it is less about software/system, I work and play on PC (with exception of Canon Fodder), it is more about getting new hardware combination to see how this will work.

I have Color Classic and this computer (for me is boring), sure there is Mystic update etc. and nothing more. With Amiga there is sufficient number of combinations to spend some time.

Additionally there is some soldering to be done etc. and I really, really like Amiga software installers e.g. Choose folder where you want to install software (new folder will NOT be created)? Genius! (In general installation of Amiga software is amazing). O wait, I can use Dopus to copy manual all this stuff... and "install" software.

No, other people who don't know about Amiga DO NOT see VALUE in it. Go and show your $1000 worth Amiga to your friends (who are happy with new cell phone) and wait for excitement in their eyes. No excitement? Oh well... You just spend $1000 on useless hardware. I think it would be better to buy a bike for a $1000?

PS. I was going to start similar topic :).
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD