Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teleportation breakthrough with atoms =D  (Read 3858 times)

Description:

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Re: Teleportation breakthrough with atoms =D
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 04, 2005, 04:36:13 PM »
Everything starts from somewhere.

This is just the begining of something bigger.

Give it time, maybe the sort of time that will be in about 150/200 years that we will be using this sort of tek.

Why is it, that these Sci-Fi series have a lot in them that actualy are in use today.

Dandare the vidoephone, we have mobile phones that do video now.

Startrek with there communicators in the first Startrek.
Do mobile phones now come close to this?

Its exciting to say ther least.  I would say that in about 150/200 years there will be a lot of this going on teleportation mode.

But it will take a brave human to do the first ever teleport ation.
Would you do it for the first ever time after being told its all failsafe and you wont come to any harm?

Not me thanks, I will be a bit worried in case my arm comes out of my ass, and one of my eyes will be sticking out of me ear.

:lol:  :lol:
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 07:01:04 PM »
"...Would you do it for the first ever time after being told its all failsafe and you wont come to any harm?..."

--------------------------------------------------------

I have a feeling the first 'testers' of the teleporters will be wearing Burberry baseball caps.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »

X-ray wrote:
"...Would you do it for the first ever time after being told its all failsafe and you wont come to any harm?..."

--------------------------------------------------------

I have a feeling the first 'testers' of the teleporters will be wearing Burberry baseball caps.

Perhaps they will be used to help recalibrate faulty transporters. They can't come out any more messed up than they went in :lol:
int p; // A

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 09:58:06 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Quixote

• Show only replies by Quixote
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2005, 08:41:08 AM »
Karlos Kommented:

Thought for the day. If c represents an asymptote in the relativistic equations for time, mass, length in the direction travelled etc, assuming a particle on the brink of crossing that asymptote could pass it, the first effect of time's arrow reversing would be that it would immediately jump back the the point in time just before it crossed it....

Or something bizzare. Assuming you can get past the weirdo effects of the undefined (tends towards infinite) mass etc before you crossed that asymptote.

There's nothing random about cherenkov radiation. It's cool :-) What I can only describe as an "optical boom" :-D

Picture the following:

:-) A happy wandering little particle of normal matter is traveling north.  After a while, ahead and a bit to the left, a matter/anitmatter pair of virtual particles pop into "real" existnce.  Conservation of momemtun dictates that they spring into existance traveling in opposite directions to each other.  As it happens, the anti-matter particle is the one traveling east, towards our earlier happy wandering particle.

Normally, the mutal attraction of such a pair of virtual particles would overcome the momentum their initial velocity, and they'd recollide, popping back out of "real" existance.  However, today it not our hero's day.  Because this pair of virtual interlopers popped into existance too close to our happy wanderer, the anti-matter one collides with the traveler instead.

They vanish in a burst of energy, leaving the newly formed matter particle to wander off on its own, all alone.

;-) Now ponder that perhaps what we've seen is just one particle.  As it traveled, it made a turn to the east, and with the release of tremendous energy, it reversed its direction in time.

:-( Now travelling backwards in time, but still to the east, it appears to forward-time oriented people as anti-matter.  

:-) After a few moments of this, it reverses direction in time agian, now traveling forward in time as the second matter particle, the one which seemed to appear out of nothing to our point of view....

Offline Atheist

• Show only replies by Atheist
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »
Maybe they're talking, and we're not listening?

Does this mean, we could "remote view" and "remote listen" to what's happening on the surface of the other planets in our solar system? Beats sending a spacecraft on 9 month through to 12 year voyages, huh?

How about "see" the interior of the planet? I'm talking about down through to the core.

Or even into the sun?

How much energy would it take to send a message, say 4 light years, vs. 1 billion light years away?

Could you take energy from elsewhere, through this process?

Or transfer energy to a place, through this process?

No wires, no batteries required.
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
Hum,

< gods play dice>

The information is scrambled (it’s a fundamental aspect to transfer of information faster than light – but I suppose that the information is still there….)

< /gods play dice>

Yes you can transfer energy (or information), as Hawking recently demonstrated...
`Hawking radiation` from a black hole is really entangled particles (one falls in the other escapes – thus the black hole evaporates)