Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bvision  (Read 1009 times)

Description:

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Bvision
« on: April 09, 2003, 11:21:03 PM »
MY miggy was having  a few probs, to cut along story short I lost everything on my miggy HDD.

I can get the native screen to work through my bvision, but the colours are messed up if u go into 256 colour mode, and  u cant get a res better than 640X320.

If i try to install cybergraphx, any version inc. 3 and all versions of 4, themachine frezees on the cybergraphx pic boot screen. if i remove the monitor file from devs the machine boots.  If i use show graphx config or any prog that trys to access the cybergraphx system the machine crashes and freezes.

any ideas, i miss my miggy, helppppppppppppppp

anyone know if there are  any pogs to test the bvision to c if its working correctly so i can narrow it down to a hw conflict or something or to c if my bvision is fried.

i have been using this setup for over a  year and it has been working fine. helppp

My setup is.

A1200T, powerflyer gold, 2 gig hdd, 10.2 gig hdd, 6 speed cd rom, 3.1 roms, z4 busboard, blizzard 040/25, 603e/175, 64mb ram, octagon scsi, hypercom 3i.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline MikeB

• Show only replies by MikeB
Re: Bvision
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 11:39:27 PM »

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 12:02:04 AM »
hmm sounds to me like it could just be something as simple as the connector playing up, get it all horizontal and play around with the connection, I've had every problem under the sun re Bvisions, I hate them, yet love them at the same time :-)
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 12:06:07 AM »
@ryu

I also have had every problem under the sun with my bvision and ppc in general.  do u mean the connector between the bviion and ppc board
 it might be heat, u c with a z4 board and power flyer the bvision is trapped between the powerflyer and the z4 board, it gets well hor, but never been a problem b4.

@ the other dude

The problem manifests itself under 3.0, 3.1 and 3.9 an devery version of cybergraphx. though i am not sure if i have tried clean install of jusr 3.9 and 4 rc5 11
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 12:53:43 AM »
Its important to note that there should be no Intuition window.requestors opening before cgx is started(ie before boot screen).  If anything opens a requestor in error or whatever, it will break the boot sequence.

If your running ppc datatypes be sure that the bvision video address is correct in WarpOS prefs. Since datatypes are generaly started right after the monitor drivers, its possable its stalling at this stage due to incorrect vid addy. E0000000 is for bvision and should be forced.