Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "most ambitious project" candidate?  (Read 5838 times)

Description:

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
Re: "most ambitious project" candidate?
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 02, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, links etc...
It never ceases to amaze me just how much some people get caught up in the whole "this direction, that direction" fanboydom, even within this tiny group of hobyism we all belong to. WOW.

I like to think that having fun is what matters. Sure, I'd love to see AmigaOS on top but I have a bid on ebay for a MacMini right now to run MorphOS and I'll buy a SAM440 as soon as my wallet lets me. Even so, I still have no intention of ever getting rid of my A1200 w/. 3.9, she was my first computer after all.  :)

....and yeah, his posts do seem a bit....odd, but hey,I say;  Until it's in your hand it's all vapour, right!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:37:30 PM by Tripitaka »
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 11:49:29 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;528225
Well you know, he's hardly what you would call a "regular" at MorphZone, but suddenly one day, he starts posting all over the place about the "box" design of MorphOS, how that was the one and only essential feature of the OS, how that was really what everyone wanted, what we were promised, and how the MorphOS team failed so radically to deliver it, yada yada.

The peculiar thing about it was that it was so *completely unprovoked*, like a flash from a blue summer sky! I mean, nobody has even given the "Q-box" a thought since half a decade or so, but suddenly there he was, pushing this issue like mad. This caused people to wonder why he all the sudden was so interested in box designs, and I know I wasn't the only one who got the feeling that he suddenly "got to know something", and what he *really* wanted to say was: "That initial feature list of MorphOS, with a 'boxed' (microkernel) design, where the 'Amiga' environment runs untouched in a box and new exciting features (like SMP, MP, etc, etc) is added outside it, that feature list was promised to you MorphOS suckers by the MorphOS team a long time ago, this was probably what made you interested in MorphOS instead of OS4 in the first place, and the MorphOS team failed to deliver that to you, but guess what *Hyperion* has up in their sleeve... ... ...". Like he was preparing the ground for the news in his own, weird kind of way.

Here is how he suddenly increases his post count several hundred percent in a very short time...

http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6248
http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6285
http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6287

...and recently this was quite confirmed by the announcement from AmiWest. A box design would be the only even remotely possible way to add "SMP" to the Amiga environment.

I wouldn't condone flaming from ssolie are anyone else. However I think it hypercritical coming from you. I'm sure there are plenty of seasoned Amiga forum members will know, that you have persistently engaged in similar behavior over the years and worse.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »
Quote from: Akiko;528232
I wouldn't condone flaming from ssolie are anyone else. However I think it hypercritical coming from you. I'm sure there are plenty of seasoned Amiga forum members will know, that you have persistently engaged in similar behavior over the years and worse.

I'm not moralizing upon his posts or posting style over at MorphZone.org, but merely showing how quite a few of us was hinted about the "SMP"/box thing back then already thanks to him. The topic of the thread is speculations about "most ambitious project candidates", I provided a candidate, someone asked for links and an explanation, and I provided that as well.  

Your ungrounded attack on me here is both inappropriate and off topic.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »
Why is this whole thing a secret anyway?  (Perhaps in case it fails?)

Offline kolla

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;535711
Why is this whole thing a secret anyway?  (Perhaps in case it fails?)

It's just how communication is done in amiga land, openness is unheard of.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:15:54 PM by kolla »
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 02:23:33 AM »
Perhaps it's this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.