Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One small step for Natami. One large step for Amigaland!  (Read 17495 times)

Description:

Offline broken

• Show all replies
Re: One small step for Natami. One large step for Amigaland!
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
Fucking fantastic!

I like that it has the ability to use Amiga or regular PC floppy drives to read Amiga disks. Nice feature. Plus the board is tiny!

Offline broken

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
What's the current ballpark price for the board when it is ready?

Offline broken

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:00:05 AM »
Quote from: Forcie;634268

It is quite misleading talking about end pricing now when we do not know how big batches we are going to make and the final price of all components. This can affect prices greatly. A better answer could be given after some kind of market research. You will get informed when it is possible to order a board.

Hmm. I am not sure how financing of the dev work done on the Natami is handled, or if you guys have investors or what not or even how the initial run of boards will be paid for (early preorder?).

However, if you guys wanted to get the price down to more attainable levels, would someone willing to invest a decent amount of capital help you guys produce more boards thereby lowering the cost of materials and helping to drive down the cost for the end user? Or is there other issues keeping the cost rather high?

If I was to invest, say 1 million dollars, would that help the project along and enable the team to produce more boards at a far lower cost to consumers? I don't currently have that (though might be able to get it) but just curious if money is an issue for the dev team. I understand if thats something you can't speak about or simply don't know. Just curious about what it would take to get it down to well under $500. Or better yet $200 to $300.