Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Look what I just found in a bin on the way home :)  (Read 13143 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Look what I just found in a bin on the way home :)
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
You lucky sod Matt! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:17:27 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;623920
We don't know if it works yet... But at the very least I now have a copy of the ST version of Cubase :lol:

Go back to the bin and look for the dongle!
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;623936
There was no dongle (the original Atari Monitor was there, but I'm not dragging that home), no mouse either :(

Shame the previous owner didn't throw the S-3000 it was connected to in the bin too. :(

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;623956
Matt's no apple zealot. He has a perfectly reasonable approach to owning their stuff. A real zealot buys stuff purely because it's there and Mr. Jobbs tells them they need it, whether it's really useful or not.

Also, I don't recall the last time Matt posted anything resembling a one-line bit of pro-apple trollbait on how some article cited their latest toy as the greatest thing ever.

Indeed, the title of most devout Apple zealot on a.org belongs to anyone who tells you it's your own fault that Apple knowingly sold you broken hardware!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Quote from: coldfish;624039
Interesting point on SSD's.

I'm a bit disappointed with SSD tech so far tbh, my macbook air has one and its not that speedy, capacity is a real problem too, when you have a dual boot OSX-Win7 system.

I dont get the anti-apple vibe on here?

I think it's more a case of anti-cult mentality rather than anti-Apple.

I like OSX for the most part, it gets on my nerves in many ways though, as do Linux and Amiga OS and I also like them.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;624060
Well, we are all part of a cult or two, it's just when a cult gets big enough we give it a different name. :)

Cult of the Amiga for the win :lol:

I can't really think of any modern OS that really bugs me, I would probably get on just fin with Win7, once I figure out where everything is. Hopefully it won't come to that, fingers crossed Lion will be suitable for everything I do :)

Back on topic... Anyone know where I can find a bloody 13pin din plug? :(

My cult is bigger than your cult! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;624074
Prefer small tight cults myself....

Paul Gadd returns....