Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IBrowse 2.5.3  (Read 1227 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350Topic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
IBrowse 2.5.3
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:12:24 AM »
WOW! Oliver has really out done himself with this release!
I installed this on my A2K w/Blizzard 2060 + 128 M/B RAM. I can load Amiga.org in under 8 seconds! And that's with JS turned on. Not only that, but I can reliably load pages using 10 simultaneous secure connections!

This release has a major new feature... SSL Session Caching

"IBrowse 2.5.3 now implements a SSL session cache for all HTTPS connections, supporting all the differing session/ticket methods use from TLSv1.0 to TLSv1.3. This allows the slow initial handshaking to be bypassed on subsequent connections to the same host, thus increasing performance noticeably on OS3, and even on OS4 too. Most websites support this feature universally."

If I may informally throw out a wish list I would like:
1.  A slider at the bottom of IBrowse to quickly adjust secure connections.
2. A Java Script toggle button near the top.

Check it out here:
https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/

Thanks Oliver and Team!   :D

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:14:10 AM by giZmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Matt_H

Re: IBrowse 2.5.3
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 02:44:35 AM »
Very happy to see this continuous rapid development! Hope to see many more point releases in the coming months. I'd noticed incidental SSL speed improvements over the past few AmiSSL/IB releases, so the dedicated efforts on this release are quite welcome. Obviously there's only so much that can be done for our 68K chips as crypto gets more and more widespread and complex, but I wonder if a WarpOS build of AmiSSL or IB would be possible? Would there be any benefit given the amount of context switching I imagine would be necessary?

2. A Java Script toggle button near the top.

It might be possible to do that already. There's the quick toggle for JavaScript under the settings menu, and if that function can also be accessed through ARexx you could create a custom toolbar button to run the enable/disable command.