Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Amiga Handheld Experience  (Read 10634 times)

Description:

Offline bonTopic starter

• Show only replies by bon
Best Amiga Handheld Experience
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »
I am looking for a handheld device which can emulate Amiga Games nicely. I know of the Pandora, but it is extremely expensive, and apart from that, it is nowhere available to buy (at least in Europe). Anyone had experience on this? Can you suggest something?
Jesus Saves! - The rest of you take full damage...

Offline kzin

• Show only replies by kzin
    • http://202.78.156.93
Re: Best Amiga Handheld Experience
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
I use my Droid 4 with "UAE 4 All2" although I don't like the on screen controls.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm holding my breath for the comming Blackberry that will have qwerty keyboard AND Android, it will probably be a nice device for handheld Amiga if you need a new phone at the same time ;)

You can get a PSP (phat old ones) super cheep and use CFW on it and use PSPUAE, long time since I tried it but that's handheld and it got a DPad + Buttons you need and you got a ton of other emulators and games.

There are more handheld options that are cheap, stay clear from the chinease crap gaming Android devices if you do not know if it's good or not, a lot of them have crap controls :/ Some works ok tho so do some reaserch first :)

Oh Almost forgot, the old Sony Xperia Play can be found cheap and have excelent controllers that slide out, but yet again then you get a phone at the same time :)

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:04 PM »
I would start with a Gaming Tablet (JXD S7800b Android Retro Gaming Tablet) with built in gaming controllers if you really need the Full Fairyland Experience.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:18:06 PM »

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 12:50:27 AM »
Lifting an A1200 off the desk...
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:06 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;791346
Lifting an A1200 off the desk...

And the monitor?

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;791347
And the monitor?

I guess you hold it with the other arm . . . :lol:
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love:

Offline vince_6

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
On my Galaxy SII and now on SIV with phonejoy bluetooth pad and HDMI output.
Runs like a charm!

I also use a Nokia keyboard and a Logitech mouse (bluetooth)
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »
Thought this was going to be a thread about best masturbation experience with your Amiga
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »
Quote from: JJ;791360
Thought this was going to be a thread about best masturbation experience with your Amiga

Well, there can be a measured amount of joy by maneuvering the "stick" protruding between your legs in the "cock pit" of an airplane.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;791365
Well, there can be a measured amount of joy by maneuvering the "stick" protruding between your legs in the "cock pit" of an airplane.

LOL.  What are we, 12?  :banana:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 12:47:47 AM »
nVidia Shield, by far, for games.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 04:31:58 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;791366
LOL.  What are we, 12?  :banana:
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing [with ourselves].” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 11:36:05 PM »
Quote from: bon;791314
I am looking for a handheld device which can emulate Amiga Games nicely. I know of the Pandora, but it is extremely expensive, and apart from that, it is nowhere available to buy (at least in Europe). Anyone had experience on this? Can you suggest something?
I own both a Pandora and a GP2x Wiz and to be honest, though the Pandora has it's (serious) advantages, I prefer playing Amiga (and other emulation) games on my Wiz.
The tiny 4:3 oled screen displays the games really nicely. The colours are really on par with a 1084, though the only downside is the fact that it still is a 60 hz lcd screen; which means blurry moving images, and, with 50hz games, stuttering. The blurryness and stuttering also happens on your generic LCD screen. The 320x240 resolution will cut off a bit of PAL images, though not much, and the aspect ratio is intact.
So, the pictures are sharp, non-pixelated, pixel-perfect and the colours are not washed out like they are  on a standard TN lcd panel. Successors of the GP2x Wiz, like the Canoo and the GCW Zero, have generic lcd panels.

Considering the Pandora, it's a great hobby project for hobbyists like me. I've used it mainly for listening to music, and using the tools (like ssh) that come with linux. The Pandora saved me more than once at work, as I have it always with me and it has a seemingly endless battery life. But for emulation, the lcd is waaay too el-cheapo.

Perhaps your best bet is a gaming tablet with IPS display like an NVidia Shield, a GPD Q88, or a JXD 7800b.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:41:50 PM by Speelgoedmannetje »
And the canary said: \'chirp\'