Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DCTV?  (Read 676 times)

Description:

Offline TjLaZerTopic starter

DCTV?
« on: May 31, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »
Anyone have the DCTV?  Look what I just got!  Always wanted one.

Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
Re: DCTV?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:42:28 AM »
hehehe, I remember when they were very desirable things. Adpro supports that, as does VT I think.

Nice piece of kit, shame its not fast enough for games though.

I saw a CDTV version of the DCTV on ebay once, it went for a lot of money.

Looks in great condition and what a price O_O

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »
i got mine for the paint program. it's quite lovely!

enjoy it!
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:00:35 PM »
I used to own one years ago. Nice piece of hardware! I don't remember the details, but do some research into the version of software you have. IIRC the version shipped with most hardware was not the most recent. The most recent software was more tolerant to accelerators and produces higher quality images. With the proper input device, the DCTV could produce 24bit images on an A500 that look good by today's standards.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »
Hey TjLazer...
Think your Cool? huh? Huh?

Check this out :-)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/sys/166539675.html

if youc ant see the page, just click on my name here in A.ORG,  one of the same pictures should be up soon in my Album.

this is the DCTV RGB adaptor very Rare and the first time I have seen in real life..recieved it recently from an A.ORG member.
it allows Genlocking of DCTV images and allows the Composite images to be viewed on the RGB monitor instead of a seperate Composite monitor.

This is a nice device especially if you make Video or animations from digitzed or converted Quicktime clips or DV clips.

unfortunately it wont work with the SX32..........which means I now have to purchase an A1200.....bummer......it does work on my A600 though :-)   I have it rigged up like if it were an iPod Video :-)

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 07:06:24 PM »
@TjLaZeR

Hey.......I see in that auction you just won, that they were also selling the RGB adaptor............I would get it if I were you.

if later you end up not using it....please sell it to someone who will......or sell it to me....I can find someone :-)

I hope to be using mine soon at live shows and events I do occasionally, until the units explode or melt :-)

I see you also purchased a SuperGenSX....excellent choice ...you are a True Amigan.............if I was President of Amiga Inc, most likely you would probably be working for me in some way.

Also see you won an Atari ST............Bummer.I just let go a VideoMaster for the Atari ST..its rare! but I might be able to get it back for you if your interested, or you can get it from the guy yourself. :-)

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...