Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii vs. CD32  (Read 5253 times)

Description:

Offline Louis Dias

Re: Wii vs. CD32
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
I got the Wii around the same time as World of Warcraft.
If it were not for WoW, I would be playing with my Wii contantly.  :)

That said, you can't complain about the quality of Nintendo-made games.

Now 3rd party games on Wii are mostly crap.  Don't blame Nintendo, blame the developers who don't put in the time to learn to use it's unique gpu.

Factor 5 being one of the exceptions to the rule.  Capcom being another (Resident Evil 4 FTW).
Factor 5 is Wii-making the Rogue Squadron series from the Gamecube for the Wii.  Maybe they'll put Turrican in there as an easter egg.  Also they are rumored to be developing a Kid Icarus game, reviving it from the NES to the Wii.

If you want a challenging Wii game, get Metroid Prime 3.

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »

motorollin wrote:
@A4000_Mad
Don't get me wrong, the Wii is a great console and it's loads of fun. But you do have to be prepared to make the effort to move when you play it :lol: Wii Tennis doesn't work very well when you're all sitting on the sofa...

The Wii is great for short bursts IMO, but I very quickly get bored until the next time. On the other hand, I could play on my CD32 for hours ;-)

--
moto

I can play it from the couch just fine.  I can beat anyone standing up that way.  Few players actually force me to get up off the couch because of their skill...

So when Wii gets CD32 games on the Virtual Console, would it then be better than the CD32?  It's already got C64 games...  :)

What would be more interesting is that now that the Wii is hacked, if it did get CD32 games, we essentially could modify it to inject a 3.9 Workbench boot-up...and we'd have UAE on Wii for peanuts...

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »

motorollin wrote:
alexh wrote:
just don't upgrade your Wii firmware as they have already released a fix for the homebrew flaw.

It forces you to update before it will let you play Mario Kart, though I don't know whether the hack will get around that.

--
moto

If you can run backups, there are tools that can remove the update from the discs then run the backup without the update...