Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WarpEngine (possible FA, testing waters...)  (Read 1856 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show all replies
WarpEngine (possible FA, testing waters...)
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:38:09 AM »
So how much would this puppy be worth ? You can make offers :) I've see some rare ones sell high on eBay and Amibay but decided to go here 1st, you guys have priority if anyone makes sensible offer (send PM)...
My 4000D (where the card was) is going down as a spare machine for now on..
The WarpEngine is in pretty good condition, check out a pic HERE.
The SCSI2 controler on it is of the fastest and this card also has RAM acess speed like an 060 or faster, it uses burst mode. Ideal for playing animations, rember seeing quite a few VideoToasters machines on eBay with WarpEngines. Check out amiga-hardware or LexSite's descriptions of the hardware for the details. An 060 upgrade was due but never came out...

CPU on this one is a full 040 at 40Mhz. Copper heatsink is included. I advise using it with a fan, I'm keeping my fan (removed before taking the pic) since it's a silent Silenx one. I stupidly broke up one of the SIMM sockets but had it replaced with a new one (white) by 1st class service (Per Gunnar).
I also had the clock oscillators put into sockets by mistake (it was a job for another card), NEVER overclocked it but if you want to it's ready...
Oddly, it has two rectangular oscilators...anyone ?

PS
I might not reply/log in everyday so sometimes it might take a week...
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: WarpEngine (possible FA, testing waters...)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
Since when is the value heavily influenced by the location ? I though it was more to do with reputation, or maybe lack of a bad one...
Anway, for what it's worth, location is Algarve/Portugal, my eBay username is Biariscool, 100% feedback with 75 transactions, most of them as buyer though, registered since 2002.

I guess I could also gain a good eBay rating while waiting for my 1st prey :evil: Who will it be ? :)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"