Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW AmigaOS 4.x game arriving soon!!  (Read 6667 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: NEW AmigaOS 4.x game arriving soon!!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:49 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;746157
The Zipstick was designed for this game, without such a quality controller it falls down (didn't like the Sega version with pads nope not one bit)

Actually if we could have a budget packaging re-release on 3.5" disk for real Amigas that would be great, I'm not paying 100 bucks on ebay for a copy of the game...noooooooo way mr ebay :)

I'm afraid the words "budget" and "3.5" disk" will never be in the same sentence again. They don't make the things anymore so that makes them rare thus expensive, plus there probably are not many places where floppies can be written to and be packaged up either thus adding more cost.

True words about the ZipStick, I hammered mine to death and it took about 3yrs to eventually break. Would love a USB version with extra buttons that was built to the same or higher quality.  I don't really play Amiga or PC games that much but with one of these I'd definitely start up again!
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline TorbenLarsenTopic starter

• Show only replies by TorbenLarsen
    • http://www.cope-com.com
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »
Quote from: Kamelito
;Nope I read in another forum that you plan to release it also on windows and OS X.
Kamelito

Thats true too a PC and Mac version will be released simultaneously. I just had to be sure what version we were talking about :)

Quote from: nicholas;746128
Please please please please please port it to MorphOS.  I'll buy it, i'll even pay for a pre-order!

I already have bought the Android version twice for different devices (One for me and one for my 14yr old son) and it is excellent, plays even better than the original did on my A500 back in the day and triggers off so many great memories of that period of my life. :)

Hi Nicholas,
That's awesome support, thanks :)
In regards to a MorphOS version. I'll pass on your request but no promises at this time.

Offline spirantho

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »
It's not too hard to get brand new DSDD disks. Just had a quick look on Google, and discounting EBay found this:
http://www.stenoworks.com/floppy-diskettes-dd-pack-of-25-with-labels/

They still make 5.25" disks so they may make dsdd disks too... not sure.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 07:45:09 AM »
Quote from: TorbenLarsen;746172
Hi Nicholas,
That's awesome support, thanks :)
In regards to a MorphOS version. I'll pass on your request but no promises at this time.

It shouldn't take very long to re-compile it for MorphOS, if you need any assistance send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the proper people.

I think there are probably more active MorphOS users than there are OS4* too so it's a bigger market, or perhaps they have about equal number of users. Either way it will at least double your amount of potential customers at the very minimum when you combine both markets together.

*No sales figures available for OS4 but most AmigaONE/Teron motherboards have unfortunately died by now due to old age and bad build quality, that leaves the X1000 with "more than 200" owners, the unknown number of ACube SAM boards, and the Pegasos II which is a MorphOS machine that just happens to run OS4 too.  I really don't want to start another "holy war" here, I'm just trying to put potential market figures out there for you to consider whether it's worth your time and money to port to MorphOS.

End of sales pitch/begging effort. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
@ Nicholas

It must take time I'm sure and that's why other new recent commercial games like Huenison and M.A.C.E also unfortunately could not make a MorphOS port.

Too many wasted threads about having the same programs running on similar but yet different Amiga OS's here. The day will have to come when one United OS for Modern Amiga users will be here instead of all the wasted hours making the same program work on 3 different systems.
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline nicholas

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;746227
@ Nicholas

It must take time I'm sure and that's why other new recent commercial games like Huenison and M.A.C.E also unfortunately could not make a MorphOS port.

Too many wasted threads about having the same programs running on similar but yet different Amiga OS's here. The day will have to come when one United OS for Modern Amiga users will be here instead of all the wasted hours making the same program work on 3 different systems.

Well we can blame McBill and Benji's greed 13 years ago for that, but I think that at some point in the future both OS4 and MorphOS will eventually die leaving us with AROS and nice cheap commodity that is powerful.

And yes it will take time (not that much though tbh) that's why I tried to show the combined potential market.  Torben is a businessman afterall, and figures are what businessmen need to base their decisions on. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:10:45 PM by nicholas »

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:24 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;746177
It shouldn't take very long to re-compile it for MorphOS, if you need any assistance send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the proper people.

I think there are probably more active MorphOS users than there are OS4* too so it's a bigger market, or perhaps they have about equal number of users. Either way it will at least double your amount of potential customers at the very minimum when you combine both markets together.

*No sales figures available for OS4 but most AmigaONE/Teron motherboards have unfortunately died by now due to old age and bad build quality, that leaves the X1000 with "more than 200" owners, the unknown number of ACube SAM boards, and the Pegasos II which is a MorphOS machine that just happens to run OS4 too.  I really don't want to start another "holy war" here, I'm just trying to put potential market figures out there for you to consider whether it's worth your time and money to port to MorphOS.

End of sales pitch/begging effort. ;)

Hi Nicholas,

That's one fantastic chart there and serves your point well ;)

Offline kamelito

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
Quote from: TorbenLarsen;746230
Hi Nicholas,

Morphos users tend to have more than one computer that run the OS.
I'm sure that a re-edition of the Amiga "classic" version would sell well.
How about signed copies?

Kamelito

Offline nicholas

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Quote from: TorbenLarsen;746230
Hi Nicholas,

I really hope so. ;)

May I ask what abstraction layer you are using to port the game to OSX, Windows, OS4 and the rest?  (SDL, Allegro, inhouse custom layer etc)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:12:11 PM by nicholas »

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »
Why some people prefers to play battlesquadron on a tablet or phone with this horrible controls?... just have one positive thing, its portable... but on a desktop computer, why not play it on a real amiga?
a1200 060

Offline nicholas

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;746238
Why some people prefers to play battlesquadron on a tablet or phone with this horrible controls?... just have one positive thing, its portable... but on a desktop computer, why not play it on a real amiga?

The controls on the Android version are really good, much better than on other games in the same genre. They've really done an excellent job.

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;746231
Morphos users tend to have more than one computer that run the OS.
I'm sure that a re-edition of the Amiga "classic" version would sell well.
How about signed copies?

Kamelito

Hi Kamelito,

That is in the works too with a special boxed edition ;)

Offline kamelito

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 05:13:04 AM »
Count me in then!
Kamelito

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
Here is an "sneak peak" image with Battle Squadron running on the Amiga OS4. It is getting close :)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:49:15 PM by TorbenLarsen »

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
Looks great, looking forward to playing it on my SAM!

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 27, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
Nice work.

I and all 13 others using OS4 will truly enjoy it.

OH, I am such a sarcastic little troll aren't I.

but

really we do need more of this, OS 4 users, no just kidding, program developement, just having an OS is really nothing, unless you are like some people, who just like to turn on their machine and say look OS 4 is running on my computer. Uhhhh! OK smerf what else can you run, duhhh, I got a nice note editor.

Keep up the good work, what is your next project, anxiouly awaiting
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better