Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to make Genesia to work on XP  (Read 5287 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
Re: How to make Genesia to work on XP
« on: October 26, 2003, 03:10:52 PM »
Ok guys, here are the rules of this thread:

- No insulting DoomMaster, even if you do come out with exceptionally funny things to say.

- No "this version of Windows is better than that".  It's been done to extinction and I really can't be bothered to hear you all go over your experiences that turn into gospel because you think so.

- I'm having a bad day.  Give me a break.

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 12:35:56 AM »
Once again I'll remind people.

No "this version of Windows is better than that version".

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:40:44 AM »
If you replied to one of the "no this Windows version is much better and all my friends say so" posts, your post will have been destroyed in the wake of the delete command :-)

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 06:23:08 PM »
meerschaum wrote:
This site is slowly turning into a mirror of what it once stood against, censorship, etc... the conversation has to follow the path the 'admin' wants it to now. how sad is that?

@ anyone who agrees with the above quote

Presumably you find yet another discussion where people whine about different versions of Windows being "totally unstable and no-one should use them" somehow useful and interesting?

I don't know about most people here, but I go to forums such as Amiga.org's to get answers to technical questions, and to help other people out by answering their technical questions.  Discussion might ensue, but I'll only read and contribute to it if it's actually INTERESTING.  Hearing people whine because they have no clue or experience regarding a certain operating system is NOT my idea of interesting.  Apart from the usual guidelines of moderation, I'm trying to keep and increase Amiga.org's accessibility to more than just people who talk at great length about anything off-topic, whether the majority is interested in what they're saying or not.

If you want to whine about Windows, either create a new thread in 'Alternative Operating Systems' where people can make a conscious choice to read it or not (then I won't moderate it in the way I have here), or find another site to post your opinions on.

In short, you choose to come here.  Perhaps you should review that choice if you don't like the status quo.  If you don't think what I'm doing is for the best for Amiga.org, please feel free to email Kees or another staff member.

And on the subject of censorship.  Guess what?  "Censorship" in the way you refer to it happens on Amiga.org and most moderated forums EVERY DAY.  See the posting guidelines of this or any other moderated forum site.  If you don't like them, and a complaint gets you nowhere, then leave.  For the average person who has half a brain, and knows what the meaning and history of the term 'censorship', being that you don't have a grave dug for you specifically because you voiced certain opinions.  It's not about your "God-given right to show your single-figure mental age in public".

Some of this may be conveyed strongly, but is not intended to be a specific personal attack on anyone.  It's just how I feel about this.

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 12:39:07 AM »
I can't by Amiga 4 Ever cause that CD doesn't exist in my city where 1.9 mil. people use only PC and nothing else. I would by it trust me.

Well, with this wonderful thing called "The Internet", you can buy stuff online...

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 12:06:10 PM »
in my contry 25-30 bucks is a lot of money, especially 4 me. :), i don't have the money, so i'm not able to by the cd

Yet you have a computer.

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 12:28:20 PM »
Yes but there's a funny fact that we don't pay for software :)

I'm surprised you can admit to that and smile.  I'm not going to start preaching btw.