Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga and monitors. How'd you do it?  (Read 10574 times)

Description:

Offline alphagemini

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga and monitors. How'd you do it?
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »
Quote from: utri007;668772
European users has a better situation tha US users, because of SCART connector wich is widely used standard here in Europe.

Any LCD TV work just fine with scart and has a solid rock flicker free picture with it. No need to have scandoubler or flickerfixers.

I've Samsung 19" LCD TV, I've connecter two amigas to it, my number one systen is connected via VGA and Compostie connector and second through scart.
Thanks for the post. I have an Amiga 4000/040 and my monitor has packed up. Where did you get the connector to go from your Amiga to the telly?

regards

Alphagemini

Offline alphagemini

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga and monitors. How'd you do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
Quote from: SquirrelM@ster;668194
I searched and didn't find any such threads...

For everyone who has hooked up their Amiga to a monitor/ TV, please...please, share how you did it, so others can do the same thing without buying a monitor only to find out that they have to return it.

1) Which Amiga do you have? 500, 1000, 1200?

2) Which monitor, TV are you using? Model #?

3) Did you use an adapter? Which one?

4) How did you get everything to work together?

5) Please share pics.

This thread can be a collection for all the info, rather than scattered on the forum.

As for me, I have an Amiga 500 and am currently looking for a flatscreen TV for it. If I find anything that works, I'll share it, as well.

Thanks![/QUOTE

I have an Amiga 4000/040. My monitor died. I have replaced it with a bog standard flatscreen lcd television from Curry's. Its called Curry's Essentials model number C16LDIB11A. It works better than the original thing and costs about £80. It needed a SCART cable which I bought from the nice people at AmigaKit. The telly comes with a converter to make the SCART connection go from large to little. No bother an no nerdy stuff, just plug it in and go.