Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1000 Power Supply repair?  (Read 5965 times)

Description:

Offline walterg74

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga 1000 Power Supply repair?
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:52:10 PM »
Quote from: Plaz;751669
Contratulations, ready to go for another 25 years.

Plaz

Hi, resurrecting this from the dead to see if you can help me out.

I have a similar issue with the big difference that I haveno clue what I am doing or have any experience at all reparing these...

I recently got another A1000 in better cosmetic condition than the one I already had, so I wanted to sell the first one of and took it out for testing.

I was using it yesterday all day, and today as well up to now, booting up kickstart, workbench, some games, testing the mouse, joysticks, etc.

All was running great! Inhad also opened it up because the floppy drive's button had broken, and I needed to fix it, etc.

So all was working great and I was ready to put it away again. But then I decided to test a 2MB side expansion I have that came with the second A1000.

I don't want to say/assure that this was the culprit, but I turned the computer on, all good, but thought weird free mem showed as if nothing was there. Sysinfo comfirmed this.
I thought maybe it had not been plugged correctly, and turned it off and tried again, and nothing same issue (although ofdly jow a disk I was sure workied started giving errors).
I disconnected it, and turned the Amiga back on, and now it did not come on. :(

Symptoms now are:

Turn it on, fan starts, no power led, and after some 5-15 seconds (varies) thefoppy drive led comes on (but not the drive itself seeking or anything).

Not really sure what to do. I opened up the PSU lid and don't see any "bulging" capacitors, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.
I have a multimeter if that helps.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!