Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Natami MX boards produced  (Read 25683 times)

Description:

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
Re: First Natami MX boards produced
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »
Wow, this is real?. never thought it would see the light of day.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »
That's good to know. I was curious about using real Amiga hardware with it. A midi interface was exactly what I was wondering about. pretty cool!

Quote from: Forcie;615323
Yes to both questions. The joy/mouse ports are banging the hardware registers exactly like on a C= machine. I think that the only serial peripheral you cannot use with the Natami serial port is Amiga serial port samplers (since the serial port audio leads are not there. But since there are oldschool parallel port samplers too, it isn't really much of a problem. Besides, we have hifi audio in... ;) ).
I am going to be using an Amiga MIDI interface with my Natami myself.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:11:59 PM »
It says that old big box Amiga keyboards are compatible in the original post. :)

Quote from: ral-clan;615346
Great!  What about original keyboards?  There was an old Natami Youtube video where they seemed to have an original A3000 keyboard hooked up.  That would be very nice.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Well, Commodore USA hasn't shipped anything either but that hasn't stopped you guys from making endless threads with your cheerleading in it?.

Just saying......

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;615713
While I applaud this effort and the progress it has reached this far (and thinks the pictures of the PCB are really cool), I'd still humbly want to point out that it still is just as unreleased as, for example, the Pios One, BoXeR and Dragon:

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/pios/pios1mb.jpg

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/boxer3.jpg

http://tdolphin.org/amikrak/amizaduszki2k6/DSC01915.JPG
http://tdolphin.org/amikrak/amizaduszki2k6/DSC01922.JPG

It still has some way to go, and from history we have learned that this is where many projects fail. Not that I think they will fail, but the "product" still isn't a *product*. So it's still vapor! :)

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
You've got me wrong. I'm not being grumpy. I'm just saying that we are all well aware of how much vapor has come from Amiga projects from any stage of develpment. Look at Red's "Giant list of Amiga vapor thread"

I've never made any of those "in your face" comments and I'm not an OS4 user so I'm not sure why you seem to be linking me to any of that?

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;615748
"You guys"?!

Hehe, look, the few people responsible for the flooding of Commodore USA threads are a handful of loud Hyperion supporters starting thread after thread about how much they don't want to see Commodore USA threads! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, someone made some statement like: "in your face, you people who thought this was vapor ware", and I simply responded that it still is! Because it is! And so is "x1000" BTW. And Clone-A. And..., and..., and...

Edit: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29050

Many are the Amiga related HW projects that was shelved after the first PCB's were made, but before real commercialization. *Most* projects in fact, much more than the few examples I showed pictures of above. Maybe it is because when you have your prototype ready, you have to start thinking about the economic reality. Commercial Viability, Risk Assessment, etc. Possibly this is a *much bigger challenge* than doing the engineering stuff, and that's why almost all projects fail in this stage. I'm not saying that the NatAmi will fail. I'm just saying it's way too soon to lift the "vapor" label from it. It has yet to face its biggest challenge...

That doesn't mean I don't like the project (I honestly do), so please quit the grumpy comments...

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
And that folks is why this project will see the light of day. I think the Amiga curse will finally go away when the platform is totally in the hands of the hobbiest. Things only go wrong when someone steps in and thinks their going to make a buck on this small community.......

Quote from: biggun;615789
Yes, but there was a major differance in those projects and the NATAMI.
Thomas does this whole project as his personal quest to revive the AMIGA -
The NATAMI project is not done to make any money.

All of the team know that we will not make any money on this.
But money is not our goal.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:58:01 PM »
+100.

That's what I've done in the past and it always worked out for me!. Sorry, I slipped up on this one. :)

Quote from: kolla;615854
Could you lot stop quoting takemehomegrandma so much? He's on my ignore list for a reason, you're not helping! :laughing: