Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Battle for Wesnoth 68k - does this game require a Vampire?  (Read 2062 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

It is sad but we are witnessing the begining of just another Amiga community split heavily promoted, most notably by the apollo core team.

The FPGA branch.

It will just make sense now to aproach Aminet moderators to suggest that any 68k program that performs poorly on even a fast 68060 to be set that way.

And dont let me start on the incompatible instruction set that apollo supports that will certainly widen this breach further than it has, creating a niche in its own FPGA segment.  

Divided we stand :(

Offline Gulliver

Re: Battle for Wesnoth 68k - does this game require a Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:46:53 AM »
Quote from: Djole;824499
Thats just stupid.... you can see the apollo core just as 68080 as they named it... sw author can state the minimum requirement in the readme so the user can decide to download or not...Performing poorly like you stated is relative.

It is not stupid, it is a reality wether you like it or not, it is actually happening. It is not just a 68k cpu, it has its own instruction set, which is totally incompatible with every 68k processor.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:20:06 PM »
Quote from: Zooz;824629
Speaking of splitting is rude to hear here, which sounds easy attack. This Wesnoth works on UAE, the code was thought to run on both UAE and Vampire (and use 080 only if detected). Only, i agree, the "Requires" field on Aminet is wrongly described and the readme is vague.

Splitting is rude? How can that be? It is not an attack rather a reality.
And for the rest blame the author of that readme.

BTW, Aminet, if you havent noticed, has that split feature already implemented, and it serves that purpose fairly well. For example, just on PPC you have all these branches: OS4, MOS, PUP, and WOS. So it is nothing to make a fuss about, it is only a system made so that users can be sure that what they are getting works on their system.

@kolla

hehehe you are right :D
It should have another name.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »
Quote from: Zooz;824632
Well so we agree, the readme is incorrect, and about splitting i still wonder how it splits if game works on both and so any fast amiga capable, or do i understand it wrong, and we speak of fast capable amiga split, or do we speaks only for vampire ? Maybe one owner of fast a4000 / 060 / mediator / voodoo can try it and report feedback.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=823960&postcount=7