Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rumor on Windows 7 Price  (Read 9307 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
Re: Rumor on Windows 7 Price
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
Quote from: smerf;512624
Hi,

I heard a rumor today that leaked out from Best Buy that Windows 7 Home Edition will cost $49 and that Windows 7 Premium Edition will cost $99, this seems like a reversal from Microsoft who usually charges high prices for their operating systems, they are also saying that Windows 7 is the Vista that works.

smerf

rumor read from maximum pc site.

This seems inline with the way it's always been.

First, I'm guessing those are of course the upgrade prices, not the full retail.  Which, having worked at bestbuy a few years ago, customer always got confused on.  XP was $99 ($199 for the full box),

I'm guessing it's likes this...

Windows 7 Home Premium == Windows XP Home -- $99 upgrade box ($199 for full)
Windows 7 Ultimate/Business == Windows XP Pro -- $199 for upgrade box($299 for full)

The $49 ($149 for full) Windows 7 Home (again I'm sure that the upgrade box) is probably just stripped down version that no one will want.

This is pretty much the same model as Vista too (again the Vista Home version was stripped down and didn't even have Aero! hence the only place it was really used was the lowest end eMachines)

This pricing seems exactly the same to me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:12:24 PM by AmigaHeretic »
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
Re: Rumor on Windows 7 Price
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:08:35 AM »
Wake me up when there's good reason to upgrade from ME.  :)
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.