Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?  (Read 3608 times)

Description:

Offline olegil

• Show all replies
Re: Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?
« on: April 12, 2003, 06:21:50 PM »
Good games are good games irrespective of 2D versus 3D. You can't polish a turd.

I must say I agree, except on one point. You _can_ of course polish a turd. Whether one would want to is a completely different matter.

The thing about games is to play the games you like, and then stop playing them once you stop liking them. You don't _have_ to only play quake-style games, but how are you going to know you hate them all if you only ever played Doom? I could mention so many crappy old Amiga games, but I won't. Because they aren't worthy of a mention. Except "Chariots of wrath". Man, that one had me cursing myself for spending money on things I see in shops...

The business has always been to keep pushing what sold best last year, and it's not going to change any time soon. But for cying out loud buy the games you like, and don't waste breath complaining about there being too many of the other types. Money is the only thing that matters to the gaming business. Complaints from people who aren't buying seldom get's you anywhere. I see it all the time. If you actually DO as those people say, they have another excuse for not buying... :-)