Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS3.2 & WHDLoad  (Read 2714 times)

Description:

Offline TumbleweedTopic starter

Re: OS3.2 & WHDLoad
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 05, 2021, 09:50:52 PM »
Cheers Utri. I have a SMBFS share running so I guess that comlicates things. What I did manage to ascertain this afternoon using my clean OS3.2 install with Roadshow and SMBFS Mounter was that I needed to unmount the SMBFS share then issue the NetShutdown command. Probelme is NetShutdown isnt perfect and doesnt always work (known problem and is documented in the Roadshow docs).

I plan to congigure thre start-up and clean up scripts and see how that goes.

If I have no joy with it I still have it working on my clean OS3.2 partition which isnt network enabled automtaically. Ive set Miami to only start manually. Same with the SMBFS. Works perfect been playing Battelsquadron, Rainbow Islands, RikDangerous all work perfectly.

Weed
A3000T, Cybervision64, CSMKII 060; A3000D, PicassoII, Z3 Fastlane; A2000D, 040, PicassoII; A4000D, A1200, Blizzard 030 MKIV  (not working - next project)

Offline TumbleweedTopic starter

Re: OS3.2 & WHDLoad
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 08:21:55 AM »
This is a solved problem. There are settings in the prefs file for what scripts to run before slave is loaded and after slave has quit, the example scripts already have shutdown/restart methods for Miami and Roadshow. Look in files S:WHDLoad#?

Thanks Kolla - I edited the WHDLoad startup scripts in s: uncommenting the entries for roadshow and SMBFS. At first it didn't work. Machine froze when I clicked any WHDLoad slave icon. Reboot. Then opened a shell and entered netshutdown. Machine froze.

Reboot.

I then went through my user-startup commenting out everything other than roadshow, MUI.

Reboot.

Opened a shell and entered netshutdown. Success.

Then edited s:User-startup and added back what I had commented out. One entry at a time followed by a reboot.

All fine until I uncommented the entries for VNC and stringsnip. Netshutdown froze. Leaving them commented out WHDLOad is working as I wanted it. All ok.

Weed.

A3000T, Cybervision64, CSMKII 060; A3000D, PicassoII, Z3 Fastlane; A2000D, 040, PicassoII; A4000D, A1200, Blizzard 030 MKIV  (not working - next project)