Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cloanto : bad experience with sales office of Amiga forever.  (Read 5241 times)

Description:

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
Re: Cloanto : bad experience with sales office of Amiga forever.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
Well I to think they are a bit slow. Don't know why actually.

But after a moth or two I usually get what I've ordered

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »
I had exactly the same problems with Cloanto too. It took a public complaint on this forum for them to bother sending my discs.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;661742
I had exactly the same problems with Cloanto too. It took a public complaint on this forum for them to bother sending my discs.

Yeah, I did happen to mention in an email that I was on several Amiga forums and that I would warn the community. Obviously mine was not an isolated incident.

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »
I"ve puchased Amiga Forever 2, 4, 2005, 2008, 2009 and C64 forever when released all premium with disks no issue (first two through Softhut and the rest direct from Cloanto).

That said I have ordered 2011 Amiga Forever premium with disks since they say there is more on them now and havent yet received them. But I give Cloanto some time. I have a feeling the update with/without disk options all cause a lot of confusion.

Offline motrucker

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »
Quote from: b41d3r;661699
@motrucker
Have you tried to cancel your operation ?:rtfm:

Tried that something over nine months ago. At this point, I've turned it over to the Maryland Attorney General's office. As soon as I did that, I got "some" money back, but not all.
Amazon keep E-Mailing me to "Please let us fix this" but they never do.
After all this time, it's a dead issue - I'll just never deal with them again.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »
Quote from: motrucker;661772
Tried that something over nine months ago. At this point, I've turned it over to the Maryland Attorney General's office. As soon as I did that, I got "some" money back, but not all.
Amazon keep E-Mailing me to "Please let us fix this" but they never do.
After all this time, it's a dead issue - I'll just never deal with them again.

Its a shame though, there are so precious few companies dealing with amiga stuff now.

Offline rebraist

• Show only replies by rebraist
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
Really strange.
I bought amiga forever 2008 (or 2009) and i had no problem at all.
I\'m not an heretic: an heretic is a morphos user! I\'m a perverted: i\'m an aros user!
edit:...i\'m now an heretic perverted... i\'m a morpharosian...
Evil has no limits... I\'ve even os4.1 too...
Is there in my house any space to sleep still?

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:40:36 AM »
Slightly OT but connecto to Amazon.

My wife sells things through Amazon, as unlike ebay it just stays up until its sold.

However she recently sold a menacer gun for the megadrive.  It was amazons decription etc as you pick form a  list.

Not long after it sold had an email from the buyer saying nothing wrong with it, but its not what THEY though  it was, when checking amazons terms on returns , the buyer is allowed to return it for no reason, ahnd you have to foot the postage bill.

Its crap
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline b41d3rTopic starter

• Show only replies by b41d3r
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 06:22:46 PM »
Hi all,

Just to say that finally I got  my package.
In fact, Mike, the owner of Cloanto I presume, hadn't received my mails because they were trashed automatically as spams.
Funny, as his mail was also considered as a spam by my mail.
Eventually, he even offered to give me my package in hands as he was in holiday in Paris.
He explained that his company can't afford to stock in advance. So, some delay can occur to the delivery as he has to ordered copies only when a sale is done.
So, finally a good end to this story.
Bye.

Offline AmiKit

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 07:10:57 PM »
happyend :)

Offline tony23

• Show only replies by tony23
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
I ordered the Amiga Forever 2012 Premium Edition Boxed +Download on 2011-09-15, which is now more than two months ago and no sign of my DVD's as of yet. I am starting to wonder how much longer I should have to wait before I need to take some kind of action.

I will wait a little longer but my patience is starting to run out. I think Cloanto needs to revamp their mail order service, I could have and should have ordered from Amigakit as I would have recieved it in about two weeks or so. Ahwell.. live and learn I guess.

Cloanto please get it together!
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
Email them. I have been a long time customer and generally have had no issue getting the disks when I have ordered the disks along with the download for the premium edition.

I ordered the disks since they have added more videos to the 2011. I emailed them after not having received the disks in a couple of months and they both emailed me back very quickly and got my disk edition sent to me quickly once notified of the issue.

They seem to be possibly having issues with the distributor which I suppose shouldn't be that big a shock. I can't imagine the Amiga Forever business being that large for whomever they have making the disks/packaging and sending them out.

Cloanto seem to be aware of the issue at least from the response I got and from that response they seem to be wanting to keep their customers.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:38:50 PM by pwermonger »

Offline The_Gooze

• Show only replies by The_Gooze
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I can't say I have had any problems with them. Ordered the full edition with the DVDs about two or three years ago and they arrived with no problem. Currently using the latest version [d/l] and all seems fine.
The_Gooze!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »
Quote from: tony23;668051
I ordered the Amiga Forever 2012 Premium Edition Boxed +Download on 2011-09-15, which is now more than two months ago and no sign of my DVD's as of yet. I am starting to wonder how much longer I should have to wait before I need to take some kind of action.

I will wait a little longer but my patience is starting to run out. I think Cloanto needs to revamp their mail order service, I could have and should have ordered from Amigakit as I would have recieved it in about two weeks or so. Ahwell.. live and learn I guess.

Cloanto please get it together!

The same thing happened to me, contacting Cloanto directly didn't work. It took a pissed off thread here to get my discs.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
Quote from: JJ;661803
Slightly OT but connecto to Amazon.

Not long after it sold had an email from the buyer saying nothing wrong with it, but its not what THEY though  it was, when checking amazons terms on returns , the buyer is allowed to return it for no reason, ahnd you have to foot the postage bill.

I wish ebay was like that. I've bought a few things where the description was false and they lied when I emailed before bidding. The ebay conflict resolution thing is a joke because it's just you and the person that lied emailing back and forth and them never agreeing to resolve anything.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline mcb

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by mcb
    • https://mike.pub
Re: Cloanto: New shipping partner for Amiga Forever since December 2011
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 04, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »
I just noticed that this thread did not have the final update that it probably deserved.

Quote from: b41d3r;663133

In fact, Mike, the owner of Cloanto I presume, hadn't received my mails because they were trashed automatically as spams.
Funny, as his mail was also considered as a spam by my mail.
Eventually, he even offered to give me my package in hands as he was in holiday in Paris.
He explained that his company can't afford to stock in advance. So, some delay can occur to the delivery as he has to ordered copies only when a sale is done.
So, finally a good end to this story.

I think it was misunderstood, as we would not encourage to order if there was no product. My reply was about the logistics of fulfillment, which I was feeling bad about. While you hear more about the occasional delay than about the average good experience, I like to focus on fixing the things that don't work. The quote in this case was that we could not "afford to pay per volume at larger centers". It was meant to illustrate how some large fulfillment providers (as mentioned in this thread) charged by volume (minimum cubic space in the warehouse and/or per pallet), and that alone would have driven the price up too much in consideration of the yearly sales of such a product. If you have a small box on a pallet, you still pay for the entire pallet (or the cubic meter, etc.), if that is the minimum. Also, I was not there "on holiday"! :-)

The situation has changed a lot recently, with new fulfillment providers featuring increased automation and integration interfaces also for smaller customers.

In December 2011, also based on feedback such as the one presented here, we started working with a new company, and they ship Amiga Forever and C64 Forever almost in real time from either the US or Germany, whatever is best. If you place an order in New York in the late afternoon, the California warehouse will often ship it the same day (with email notification), and on weekends too. That often results in an amazingly positive experience, well beyond average, and the opposite of some delays mentioned in the past.

We wrote the software to glue it all together, as the various e-commerce providers we had approached couldn't do it. For us it was definitely worth it, even if we carry only two products, because it helped provide a quality experience from all angles. Which is what we love doing, and why it hurts to hear when something goes wrong, and why I am here wanting to post an update to an old thread...

Thank you all for being here and for your continued support, and please keep the feedback flowing!

Regards,

Mike

http://www.amigaforever.com/contact/
(now with improved captcha, given the unfortunate spam problem mentioned in this thread)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:03:39 AM by mcb »