Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heretic II , Problem!  (Read 5583 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: Heretic II , Problem!
« on: October 12, 2003, 08:01:08 PM »

DoomMaster wrote:
Why not just play the game on its native platform, the PC.  The PC version of Heretic II is a much better version then the Amiga version.  Play PC games on a PC and play Amiga games on an Amiga.     :roll:

So if I want to play Soul Calibur 2... How do I know its native platform? They do run the same..... Oh well...

PC version being better.... Erm. I could have sworn most games back then were alot better then PC version at its time. Sure PCs now run the games fast, but MIDI sound over the PAULA? Naw, Amiga owned.

For your Amiga 2000. I dont think its ever going to be as good as my Commodore 64. C64 is total ownage.  Has alot more funner games  :-D.

I am 17 now and know that A2000 had ancient crap in it that I would never want. Just keep your opinions about stuff to yourself.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 09:34:53 PM »

DoomMaster wrote:
To kd7ota:

You sound like you just turned 17 too!  I have been working with computers since the very first personal computer- the Apple back in 1977.  I have been playing video games since the very first video game- PONG back in the 70s.  I now help design modern video games.  I DO know what I am talking about.  YOU would be wise to listen to what I have to say, ok 17 year old ?!     :destroy:

Hah! Dont care howl long you been working with computers.  I had Apple computers in school, so I know what they are.  I own an Atari 2600, so I know what pong is.  No I am sure you dont know what your talking about since you say your Professional A2000 computer is the best. I think my old 133mhz 486 is more powerful in CPU calculations. If I listened to you, then I might as well be listening to a post.

OK Doom master?! :destroy.:
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 09:37:52 PM »
@everyone else

Don't worry.  Just kinda annoying when you have someone claim their superiority.  I know my share of computers, but I never go blabbing about how awsome I am at them. Everyone knows their fair amount on computers, and thats great, we all learn new stuff everyday.

But if you have someone who keeps blabbing about how they been around since day 1 at things, then the only thing to do is to get what they need to be quiet.

So does anyone know where to download Heretic II game for PC to try it out, and so that I can find an OpenGL version of it.
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 09:41:40 PM »
@odin

AHAHAH, yea, I was thinking that, but never posted it.  Why in the heck do you show an Amiga 2000 to kids. More then likely, they will be asking for the internet and they would keep bugging you about why they cant check their hotmail or even play their flash games. ;)
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 01:23:23 AM »
@doommaster

DoomMaster wrote:
 What I said was that the Amiga 2000 Series is the highest quality, best made of all the Amiga models, and this is a fact.  It is not my opinion.

Yep, definately opinion....

Simply I think the Amiga 4000T is the best quality, best made computer.

I also stated that the Amiga 2000 is the Flagship Amiga computer because of its durability and expandability, and this is a fact.  It is not my opinion.  The Amiga 3000, 4000, and 1200 computers are more powerful then the Amiga 2000 Series, but they are low quality, poorly designed machines.

Yet..... Another opinion.  I think Amiga 4000 is better designed. Amiga 2000 is poor quality....

Whenever I need to use a fast, powerful computer, I always use my Pentium 4 PC Clone that I custom built.

Thats nice to know. I also make my own computers. So your not special.

Hah, this is too much fun. A dude out there is crazy about some Amiga 2000HD that is slower then slow itself.  His ultimate P4 "PC Clone" is god itself. How bout this one for size.  My friend has a P4 2.4ghz machine, a GeForce FX 5200, and 512mb of the RD-Ram.  I have a Athlon 1700+, 512mb of 2100 ram, and a Geforce 4 mx 440.......... Turns out mine pushed out more FPS on Quake III then his setup did.....

That dont matter. So you have anything else?
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 01:27:24 AM »
@doommaster

DoomMaster wrote:

I show the Amiga 2000 to the kids because it is the highest quality, best made Amiga and because it is the Flagship Amiga computer.  All of the Amiga 2000HD computers at the school ARE on the internet and are running at peak performance.  The kids just love these computers and tell me that they are much better then their mom and dad's PC computers at home.     :-D

Ahah! That is funny. I would love to surf the net with the professional 32colors you achieve on the video of an ECS or OCS chipset on the 2000.  I want to also listen to MP3s I download on it.... Oh wait...... Too slow.....

oh well, I am gonna stop writing all this stuff. I got Quake III to play. Later.
-=-=-=-=-=-