Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CUSA makes the BBC news site  (Read 13662 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: CUSA makes the BBC news site
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:17:32 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;629541
Yippie, a PC in a C64 case.  Why does anyone care about such a $600 gimmick?  I don't get it.

This is going to be a hit for the same reason the "X1000" will be a flop, like flip sides of the same coin.

Commodore started at the right end; they designed a product that has a real consumer appeal, that answers to real needs&wants of real customers. They asked themselves: "what kind of Commodore (and soon Amiga) product could people actually be interested in buying?" And then they made a product based on that conclusion.

"A-eon" started at the very opposite end; they started with a product. They said "We are going to build a product with certain tech specs that we ourselves think is cool and important. It must have a PPC. It must have a, hmm... 'creative' implementation of an xmos chip. Etc, etc. And then people will probably buy it." And in the future when/if they have finished their product, they will have to try to find some kind of need in some kind of market somewhere that can buy whatever they made.

The first mentioned is market oriented; they start with a market need and design products to match that.

The last mentioned is product oriented; they start with a product and hope to find a market (Somewhere! Anywhere! Hello? Anyone there?) for it when they are done.

The first one has a chance of success. The last one has not.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Quote from: number6;629580
Lack of management. If you don't care for that term, call it lack of leadership. Either way.

Management aside - what do any of them *really* have to offer to the general public worth "marketing"? I'd say "not much"!

It's a hobby for enthusiasts. Nothing for the broad consumer markets.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:20 AM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;629776
I hate to add to this, 'cause I also think it's kind of a pointless tragedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/07/commodore-64-computer-lives-vintage/?test=faces

A friend sent me that link, since he knows I'm an Amiga fan.  Although I never was a C64 fan, I thought they were piles of crap :D  Atari 8-Bit fan here.

Then again, the spiritual ancestor of the Amiga was the Atari 8-Bit anyhow...

slaapliedje

BBC, LA Times, Guardian, Fox...

Wow, some great media coverage there!

And that tells us, in black on white, how much all those grumpy "but who's gonna be interested in this when it's just a PC in a custom case" kind of comments was worth, hehe! :p ;)

:)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
Quote from: Piru;630104
PS. I don't own iphone, ipod, ipad or other Apple nonsense products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

A classic!

:)