Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA introduces new Amigo computer!!  (Read 15320 times)

Description:

Offline skurk

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA introduces new Amigo computer!!
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:14:33 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;552049
Nice, no Windows keys!

Well, at least on one of the pics ;)

I still call bullshit on all this Commodore USA stuff, though.
Code 6502 asm or... DIE!!

[C64, C128, A500, A600, A1200, A3000, MBP+Mini, Efika/MOS2.1, Sam440 w/AOS4.1

Offline skurk

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
Quote from: dentunes;552076
DVI to plug it into my DVI only LCD monitor.

Offline skurk

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:53 PM »
Quote from: BigBenAussie;552071
@skurk

What do you mean? Do you doubt it is legit?

Yes.

They're selling the Commodore Phoenix right now.

Where?  And who told you?

I've spoken to the owner

..of the commodoreusa.net domain?  That could be anyone - hell, it could be me pulling your leg, for all that you know.

Don't be surprised if you see an actual Commodore advertisment some time soon.

All right, I'll be waiting right here, on the edge of my chair. :-)

Oh, and please don't take this as a personal attack.  It's not.

Offline skurk

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »
Quote from: BigBenAussie;552136
@skurk

Of course you are entitled to your opinion of its legitimacy or existence. You can also go on to believe that because you've never seen an X1000 or a SAM460 that they doesn't exist either, despite people telling you that they do, and they are all merely a scam

Well, I haven't seen Japan either, but somehow I know that one exists :-)

It's just the whole package that I'm not buying.  Unprofessional website, domain registered March 17th this year and expires next year, anonymous registration, cut-and-paste text from other websites, poorly photoshopped images, stolen images from other websites... I could go on, but in short this just smells like a troll/prank.

I hope you don't take this personally, but certain people in this community act like beaten dogs who no longer trust anyone, and anything you tell them is met with derision. With all the crap that's gone on that it is understandable, but there comes a point where you should just get over it.

Of course.  I'm a beaten dog as everyone else here, but I the only one I don't trust is Amiga Inc, obviously.  I have faith in Hyperion, A-Eon, and others that at least pretend to be professional.

The Commodore USA owner is Barry Altman. For some reason his bio has been removed from the menu, probably due to clutter, but here is the page anyway. http://www.commodoreusa.net/profile.html

You see, since I think this is fake (or at least something very unserious) I don't take anything on the website for granted.  Everything could be made up.

He told me the kind of ad campaign he had planned. If it is a 30 second ad that I think it will be, the first 5 seconds, you'll think you've seen it before, the next 10 seconds you'll get a slight surprise but still think you'll know where it is headed because you'll have seen something like it before. The last 15 seconds you'll be WTF....how did they do that? If it is what he told me, they'll be talking about this in advertising circles for years. It's either going to be cringe-worthy or shocking depending on how it is done, but definitely will get people's attention that Commodore is back.

He-he, well, it's my thoughts against yours, so I'll keep my pessimism to myself and believe it when I see it.