Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Troubles with x-surf 100 and Rapid Road  (Read 4498 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Troubles with x-surf 100 and Rapid Road
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
@klx300r

after nearly sending it in to Individual Computers for repair I realaized I had an empty clock port on my Buddha IDE controller so installed the RapidRoad on it and bang she’s working great now

That does not bode well for a future purchase. I have little interest in the ethernet functionality of the XSurf-100 and would have only bought it for hi-speed (relatively speaking) USB usage with the RapidRoad. I have no clock ports as a back up and I have no assurance from AmigaKit that the one on the Prisma Megamix is compatible with the Rapid Road board (I don't mean that it is possible to sit in the same Zorro space I mean is it able to be used to connect the RapidRoad rather than the XSurf-100)! That would actually be my prefered option (and from your comments actually with less risk of technical difficulties and conflictions) but until I know that you can run a RapidRoad off the clockport of a Prisma Megamix I am not biting :-(
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »
but until I know that you can run a RapidRoad off the clockport of a Prisma Megamix I am not biting :-(

Maybe AmigaKit would pay me to test a RapidRoad board with a Prisma Megamix? I can only assume they are too busy to test what in my view is a unique selling point to those of us that don't need ethernet but would like an MP3 card and USB  ::)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:48:11 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »
@klx300r

I guess the Buddha IDE controller plus RapidRoad is the combo to get in my situation then? It's cheaper that way but how much slower is it 'clockport' mode than Zorro mode. I would have only used it in PIO mode on Zorro III as DMA mode is not possible with the on board SCSI of the A4000T :-( But maybe that's only relevant for the DENEB (never found one of those).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:27:33 PM by BozzerBigD »