Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: www.vesalia.de  (Read 1528 times)

Description:

Offline jonssonjTopic starter

• Show only replies by jonssonj
www.vesalia.de
« on: March 17, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »
Hello everyone!

How many of you have done successful business with Vesalia? I´m still waiting for my prepaid blizzardPPC card to arrive and I paid them through paypal and they have had 8 business days so far, and so far I have not seen my card in my snail mail.

I´m beginning to wonder if they just are going to take my money and never send me a card.

I want to hear your stories about vesalia? fake or true, it does not matter, I just want to hear stories about them...  :-)

/Jörgen

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
Re: www.vesalia.de
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 04:23:33 PM »
No problem ever with Vesalia.  Sometimes they are a little slow to respond to email, but I've never been ripped off.  (about $600 in total sales so far).  Have patience, they'll come through.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 04:28:26 PM »
I've done a lot of business with them and everything was OK until I've ordered a CSPPC 233/060 which arrived defective on the PPC end and was actually a 180/060! Sent it back for warranty repair and it's been about 6 months since then. They confirmed that they received it back, but they don't respond to any other e-mails about it anymore. Funny thing is that they do respond very quickly if I place a new order. :-(

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 04:50:28 PM »
aha. oh crap.
ok, i'm looking to order a BlizzardPPC240/060/scsi from these guys. is it safe to do so?
not to mention alot of other things too. mediator 1200sx, pci cards, blah blah blah....

all of the feedback i've seen previously has been nothing but positive from those guys. ok there is a problem with repairing PPC boards as we can see in another thread here, but that doesn't seem to be down to them....

so am i cool to spend over half a grand with these guys or do i have to go back to trawling the 2nd hand pages?....

:-?

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 04:52:29 PM »
Ok, then there is still hope that I get the board then...  :->

And I will never ever send my board to Vesalia for repair or to dce either  :->

I have also noticed that they answer very quickly if I place a new order, but they never tend to answer questions or e-mails with other contents than orders.

I paid them 523 Euro for the BPPC 603e/210MHz with 060/50MHz and one 64MB memory module. So I really hope I recieve it.

/Jörgen

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 04:55:21 PM »
@darksun9210

I don´t think they have that card in stock. I asked them about that type of card, but the only one they had in stock was the one that I ordered, see post above.

/Jörgen

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 06:53:52 PM »
I have used them twice and have had no problems at all.

Offline McTrinsic

• Show only replies by McTrinsic
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 07:41:26 PM »
I have done some business with them as well, worked very well.

Not a single problem ever.

Have fun,
McTrinsic

Offline Orjan

• Show only replies by Orjan
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 09:24:24 PM »

Ive bought stuff from them 5 or 6 times, and they always sent the stuff on time... Had a problem with a cyberstorm mkIII which was doa.. When I sent it back it took almost 6 months to get it back, but that was DCE:s fault, not vesalia...
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 11:01:42 PM »
Well in general there is nothing wrong with Vesalia, but when it comes to PPC cards...well they are usually out of stock so Vesalia has to order them from DCE. DCE surely will not make batches of 2 or 3 cards. This means they have to order quite some cards from DCE and PAY them.
You can sure imagine that it is not wise to buy 10 or 20 cards and have only one order, so you don`t know if you will sell the other cards in a reasonable time, if ever.
So it`s logical that they wait till they have enough orders to make sure they can sell about 70-80 % of the batch DCE makes right away.
Vesalia although the largest Amigahardwaredistributor is a small company and they sure can not affort to spent 5000 EUR and more just like this.
Takeing the money while not haveing the cards at hand is indeed questionable (if they really are out of stock right now).
I talked with Mr. Does on the phone some months back when I was at a similar situation, haveing payed for a not yet ready G-Rex4000T (he went to DCE personally to see that I get my card). We talked quite some time and my impression was that they are haveing a really hard time with the amigamarket practically dead, so maybe you can give them even a little bit more credit then usual.
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 07:01:44 AM »
Well, I did mail them before I payed them, and asked them if they had the 603e@240MHz/060@50MHz in stock. I got an reply that said that they did not have this card in stock, but they could offer me this 603e@210MHz/060@50MHz instead, because they had this card in stock. So I agreed with them, and ordered this card.

I hope and I think that they did not lie about that. If they said they had it in stock, they probably did, or?

Anyway, it's to bad that the PPC cards have become such an "hard to find item" that people will rip off other people.

Well, I really hope I get the card...  Most of you seems to have been doing good business with them, so my hope still remains.

/Jörgen

Offline Noster

• Show only replies by Noster
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 07:39:58 AM »
Hi

I've bought every new part for my Amigas from Vesalia the last 5 years, and had never had any major problems.
Two years ago I ordered a CyberVision64/3D and the first card I've got seems to have a bug.
It has taken four weeks to get a replacement, but that wasn't the fault of Vesalia, they havn't had one in stock and DCE only produced them from time-to-time.
Two weeks after I've got my replacement, I've got a second card :-), I noticed them of their fault, send the card back and got a personal call from Gerda Does -- the owner of Vesalia -- that thanks for my honesty and they send me the newest Aminet-CDs as thanks.

As long, as they are in business, I will order my Amiga-parts from Vesalia

Noster
DON\\\'T PANIC
    Douglas Adams - Hitch Hiker\\\'s Guide to the Galaxis

Offline Jiffy

• Show only replies by Jiffy
    • http://clausewitz.nl
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 08:56:14 AM »
Like most people in this thread, I also never had problems with Vesalia. I ordered several items through them which were always delivered rapidly.

Shame is, I have to keep several computers up-to-date, and most of them are not Amigas. This leaves me with a rather small Amigabudget...
Life sucks. Then you die. Then they throw mud in your face. Then you get eaten by worms. Be happy it happens in that order... My Amiga 1200

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 09:03:20 AM »
Weel it seems like they are doing fair business then. All of you have definitely raised my hope of getting my card.

/Jörgen

Offline MrZammler

• Show only replies by MrZammler
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 09:29:56 AM »
Just to add one more good word about vesalia. They are slow to response to mails, etc. but, everything I have ordered came through, no problems at all. Just be patient ;-)
Anyway is the only way