Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: South West Amiga Group Closes  (Read 3745 times)

Description:

Offline SWAUG

• Show only replies by SWAUG
    • http://www.swaug.org
Re: South West Amiga Group Closes
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 21, 2004, 08:04:55 PM »
It's always a great shame when a user group disappears- especially our nearest neighbouring group.  

On occasion we have been invited over the bridge to help out Bristol Amiga owners with problems. When questionned why they contacted us for help and not their local group, SWAG, they were suprised to learn of the existance of SWAG.

Anyway all the best for the future,

South Wales Amiga User Group
www.swaug.org.uk
South Wales Amiga User Group
forum:    forum.swaug.org

Offline AndyMTopic starter

• Show only replies by AndyM
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 07:51:52 PM »
On occasion we have been invited over the bridge to help out Bristol Amiga owners with problems. When questionned why they contacted us for help and not their local group, SWAG, they were suprised to learn of the existance of SWAG.

I had advertised SWAG in all of the Amiga mags (when they were around), in their directories - I also believe SWAG was the first group featured in AF's page about user groups.

Then there were the online user group directories.

I also advertised in some local publications, like "Trade-It", in their computer section. All I ever got from that was one phone call from someone selling stuff.

Then there was the adverts in some local shops, notice boards and stuff.

There's only so much one person can do. And very little I was able to do over the last year and a half or so.

Offline GAG

• Show only replies by GAG
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2004, 02:31:43 PM »
Well hi there!  

I founded the 'Gloucester Amiga Group' which, unfortunately, consists of one member...me!  Although some of the former members I keep in contact with the group is now non-existant.

However, I HAVE been seriously thinking about setting up an Apple Mac group (with a little Amiga/Mac-on-Linux theme) because I sell the things for a well known computer company.
Many of my customers regulary come to me in my place of work and ask for basic help which I'm glad to say I am able to do....however, since the G.A.G I have wanted to set up a user group for all the customers I currently deal with.  I could probably muster up about 20 almost immediately by looking through reciepts!

The only problem is that I need some serious help as finances an accomodation don't help.

If anyone can offer help or wants to start the group for me then please contact me..I'm only just down the road from SWAUG!

nickdj@glosamigagroup.co.uk

:-)  :-)
Boring info tag:  A1200 060/66, USB2.0, Voodoo3000, FastEthernet, 17\\" TFT, SoundBlaster 128, WinTV, lots of other stuff..and cable (wheeeee!)