Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FA: Pegasos Open Desktop Workstation  (Read 2955 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellslTopic starter

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
FA: Pegasos Open Desktop Workstation
« on: September 08, 2011, 03:31:34 AM »
See ebay auction at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pegasos-II-Open-Desktop-Workstation-/290607777969?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item43a992c8b1

System include OS4 pre-installed and a keyfile for MorphOS.

Offline DaBest

• Show only replies by DaBest
    • http://www.fennecadventures.com
Re: FA: Pegasos Open Desktop Workstation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:37 AM »
definitly interesting
\\"Keep it simple STUPID\\"
                    \\" Keep ur AMIGA\\"
:whack:

A4000/040  Desk Top is Back up and running :rtfm:
Picasso4, X-Surf2, 1.2 GIG HD, 24x10x40 CDR, OS3.9,18 MGS of RAM

• DavidseltyAJ
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
Please note I'm shipping this within the US only.  Overseas shipping and customs charges are getting to be ridiculous.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;658443
Please note I'm shipping this within the US only.  Overseas shipping and customs charges are getting to be ridiculous.

I've seen this sort of comment before and I can't help but find it absurd. If the buyer is willing to meet these extra costs, what's the problem? You're restricting your sales base unnecessarily.

However, it is your sale so sell as you see fit. The only thing that ever stops me selling overseas is if a legal issue forbids it.....
.....and I've let that slip before too, if it's a grey enough area to bend.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
It's because US customs sucks. I've had them unpack and repack several things. Sometimes they'll set packages aside and leave them there for a month or longer.

Quote from: Tripitaka;658458
I've seen this sort of comment before and I can't help but find it absurd. If the buyer is willing to meet these extra costs, what's the problem? You're restricting your sales base unnecessarily.

However, it is your sale so sell as you see fit. The only thing that ever stops me selling overseas is if a legal issue forbids it.....
.....and I've let that slip before too, if it's a grey enough area to bend.

Offline espskog

• Show only replies by espskog
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »
Really ? If I send something to US from Norway, I just put a sticker on it for the value and the contents and off it goes...nobody re-packs it or checks anything. That happens when it arrives and not when it is sent, I guess. And to be honest, I just got a 5,3KG box sent from Chicago to Oslo and it did not cost more than  $63, which is like one third of what it would have cost me to send it from Oslo->CHicago ...so shipping from US is not really expensive at all :-)

• DavidseltyAJ
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 03:17:28 AM »
If it doesn't sell at this auction, I'll start a new auction and open it up for overseas bidders.  But as spihunter mentioned, US Customs can be a b@tch and the delivery times can get crazy.  Plus the additional shipping costs deter some bidders.

Offline amiman99

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;658563
If it doesn't sell at this auction, I'll start a new auction and open it up for overseas bidders.  But as spihunter mentioned, US Customs can be a b@tch and the delivery times can get crazy.  Plus the additional shipping costs deter some bidders.
I got bunch of stuff from UK and China, no problems at ALL. Never got hit with customs fee and it arrived quickly. I do sometimes wonder if they will send me a bill ...
Maybe the problem is with other countries customs, not USA.
A500 KS 2.1, 1MB Chip, 68000
A600 KS 3.1, 2MB Chip, ACA630 32MB RAM
A1000 KS 1.3, 8MB RAM
A1200 KS 3.1, Blizzard IV 50MHz 64MB RAM
A2000 KS 2.1, 68030 25MHz, 6MB RAM
A3000 KS 3.1, 68030 25MHz, 16MB RAM
A4000 KS 3.0, 68040 25MHz, 16MB RAM
CDTV KS 3.1, 4MB RAM
CD32
(AROS BOX) Dead :(

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
Can you provide actual photos of your Pegasos2 ODW computer, instead of the stock photo?

It has registration keys for both MorphOS & AmigaOS4, but is the OS4 current, or is there an additional fee required to get the most current version of OS4 installed on the hard drive?

Why are you selling it?  Is there any problem with it?  Did you buy it new, or from another user?
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
There's a Pegasos II for sale in the UK for £400.  I wouldn't mind buying it so I can use OS4 but I'm skint at the moment. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pegasos-II-1GHz-G4-Amiga-/320754439772?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item4aae74565c
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

• DavidseltyAJ
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Machine looks just like the stock photo.  Bought it new, direct from Genesi in 2008.  OS4 has not had any update patches applied, IIRC.  Selling it because it's useless to me and has been sitting in a box for the past 2 years collecting dust.  Fired it up and tested it myself just 3 days ago and it's still running perfectly.  I can't find the OS4 installation CD, lost it in my move to Texas, but OS4 is installed and runs perfectly and the OS4 manuals are included.  Any updates applied to OS4 will be the responsibility of the buyer.  Not sure if updates are free or not.  Haven't been worried about the updates since I don't use the system at all.  At one point, it was set up for dual-booting MorphOS and OS4, but now it just has OS4 installed on it but I will email the MOS key-file to the buyer.

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;658613
...but is the OS4 current, or is there an additional fee required to get the most current version of OS4 installed on the hard drive?

For the Pegasos II only AmigaOS 4.1 was published, which actually is the newest. I suppose you'll get the original Pegasos-II-OS4.1-CD with registration key with this Pegasos II - so can go and download all updates (1-3) from the Hyperion website for free.

EDIT: I forgot to menton that the Pegasos II is a really nice and (up to now) very reliable machine - and the perfect system to use with both MorphOS and AmigaOS (and sometimes Xubuntu - I have a triple boot system).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:52:35 PM by cha05e90 »
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

• DavidseltyAJ
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
It will also run OSX using MOL (Mac On Linux) and my intention was to install OSX and play with it but I never got around to it.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
Losing the AmigaOS4 CD is a shame, can you get a replacement from Hyperion with some kind of proof of purchase?

I already have Mac hardware to run MorphOS and MacOSX and LinuxPPC.  The only reason I would be slightly interested in this computer is because it can run all of the above plus AmigaOS4.  Using a larger hard drive with 4 partitions for a Quad Boot setup would be convenient, but I guess I will stick with what I have and just use a keyboard, monitor, mouse switch, to save desk space.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

• DavidseltyAJ
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »
I know the CD is still somewhere in my household goods and when it turns up I'll mail it to the buyer.