Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS3.9 under WinUAE guide released.  (Read 4531 times)

Description:

Offline Thomas

Re: OS3.9 under WinUAE guide released.
« on: January 07, 2003, 06:36:37 PM »
Please tell me where the German Version is...
Thanks a lot

Go to www.google.de and enter amigaos39 uae as keywords, select "Seiten auf deutsch" and click on "Google-Suche". Use the very first link ;-)

Or go directly to  http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-rapp/os39uae/

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Thomas

Re: uae.device error
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 06:44:20 PM »

Perhaps the translation is not as good as intended. The original guide says that you should delete the CD0 icon from Devs:DosDrivers to get rid of the error message.

This assumes an earlier version of WinUAE where the CD-ROM was included as a hard disk (e.g. 0.8.17 from AmigaForever 5). To use the latest WinUAE's native CD-ROM support, load CD0 into a text editor (e.g. Editpad) and change uae.device to uaescsi.device and change unit=3 to unit=. Look at http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-rapp/uaescsi.html to determine "what your drive needs".

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 06:49:04 PM »

P.S. there is also a short guide how to create an OS3.9 emergency disk  for WinUAE versions with native CD-ROM support (0.8.21 and above). So you can install 3.9 directly from CD.

http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-rapp/os39uae.html

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 07:05:46 PM »

Every time I boot the Amiga, it does this, and an Intuition error comes up shortly afterward stating that it is trying to reset the Workbench screen. Workbench shows up as default resolution and color depth, and does not load my P96 settings.

This is AmigaOS's usual behavior for early errors. You will be used to it if you start customising your AmigaOS.

Use the backdrop buttons of the windows to get CacheCDFS's message in front. Once the uae.device message is confirmed, Intuition will change the screen mode to your preferences (if you did not cancel Intuition's requester).

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 11:48:22 AM »

Following the guide, but at the section where booting from the emergency floppy adf, I get "Amiga OS3.9 has read/write error" messages, and cannot get back into the workbench. Any ideas anyone? I have checked with FIX IDE that the uaescsi.device is correctly set to unit 0 for WinUAE, I have enabled UAESCSI.device in the MISC tab...

Load the file Devs/EMERGENCY_CD from the emergency floppy into a text editor and change the MaxTransfer setting to 0xfe00.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Thomas

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 05:20:07 PM »
Q: If I install the latest version of WinUAE over the top of the one supplied with AmigaForever5 will it break all my settings, or do they remain intact?

The settings will stay intact. But if you install the 5.1 update you will get the latest WinUAE anyway.

Q: Are there any benchmarks listed anywhere, comparing UAE setups. I've an XP1700+, MSI KT4Ultra with 256MB DDR@333Mhz and was wondering how it will compare against my 1200/060.
The main useage for this machine will be with Imagine and ImageFX.

Benchmarks ? Boring. Try it out. It is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

Bye,
Thomas