Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Acer own the Amiga Name and IP, KMOS only has a license to use it!  (Read 3104 times)

Description:

Offline HenryCase

• Show all replies
This is from an e-mail I was sent by someone who works for Acer, when I asked about the same issue:

"Having investigated this a bit more, it seems that Gateway sold the Amiga brand in 2000 which I’m guessing included the patent rights. I will try to get verification on this and update you ASAP."

That was from back in November, haven't heard anything since. Hope someone else gets a clearer answer.
"OS5 is so fast that only Chuck Norris can use it." AeroMan

Offline HenryCase

• Show all replies
Re: Acer own the Amiga Name and IP, KMOS only has a license to use it!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
@alenppc

I know you're only joking, but I don't think anyone expects Acer to release new Amiga hardware. However, it would be useful to know what rights they inherited to give us a clearer picture of how it affects the current AInc/Hyperion court cases.

Offline HenryCase

• Show all replies
Re: Acer own the Amiga Name and IP, KMOS only has a license to use it!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »
alenppc wrote:
HenryCase:

I agree. I was merely recalling what happened when Gateway got flooded by letters after they bought Escom out. They kinda freaked out as they did not expect much or any reaction...

OIC. I wasn't really following Amiga stuff that closely around the time of the Gateway purchase, so I missed out on all the fun. Sorry for misjudging your intentions.