Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga INC Announcing OS5.0 at CES in Las Vegas next week!  (Read 8488 times)

Description:

Offline Kaminari

• Show only replies by Kaminari
    • http://namida.com/kaminarimon/
Re: Amiga INC Announcing OS5.0 at CES in Las Vegas next week!
« Reply #104 from previous page: January 07, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »
It was clear from the beginning (a long time ago, in a galaxy far away) that OS4 by Hyperion and OS5 by AI would be two completely different products. As I remember it, "OS5" is not compatible with AmigaOS (1-4) at all, and it runs on its own dedicated hardware (read: standard PCs and mobiles).
"Silence is the most resounding word." (Sima Qian)

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
Re: Amiga INC Announcing OS5.0 at CES in Las Vegas next week!
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2008, 06:54:23 PM »

Tripitaka wrote:

Nlandas wrote:

Doesn't the court case amounts to is Amiga Inc(KMOS) saying, thanks we'll pay you for what you've done - now we'll take it from here.

I think that's down to the courts now. Hyperion would not agree with your view I am sure.

However it turns out I would just like to see some movement in our somewhat stagnated platform.

I'm sure that Hyperion wouldn't. They'd like to keep developing the classic OS for a classic type platform. I do think that it is fair for them to expect to receive fair payment for all that they've done. However, they don't own the rights to the IP and license from everything we hear can be pulled in the future.

They can not like it all they want but other than dragging this out in court what cards do they really hold?

That said, I too would love to see some movement in our platform. I'm even willing to make a clean break with the classic OS, if the new OS has some backwards compatibility and is a real alternative to Windoze and Mac BSD.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....