Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiModRadio v0.991 with social-media feature!  (Read 1154 times)

Description:

Offline TygreTopic starter

AmiModRadio v0.991 with social-media feature!
« on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to announce the release of AmiModRadio v0.991 (here, here, or here) :)

In addition to fixing some bugs and to some refactorings, this version adds a long-awaited social-media feature ;).  It is now possible to rate modules from 1 to 5 (1 lowest, 5 highest).  When playing modules, if the community has rated them, the community's  rates are displayed. If the user also has rated them (based on her IP  address), the user's rates are also displayed! :cool

The rates are stored by IP addresses along number of votes (nothing more, nothing less) on an Amiga server! Yes, only Amiga makes it possible :p.

As usual, any comments/questions/bug reports are welcome!
Cheers!

Re: AmiModRadio v0.991 with social-media feature!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »
Hi all!

A new version of AmiModRadio is available (here, here, and here)! It fixes several bugs, most importantly in the social-media feature, which now works well It also allows background-less skins for better looking UIs in some configs!

Fixed bugs are #31, #42, #47, #49, #50, #51, #52, and #53.

As usual, all comments/bugs are welcome!
Cheers!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:40 AM »
Quote from: lionstorm;809836
Thx ! any news about AOS4 support ? with the GUI I can not choose the mp3 path anymore.

Hi there!

I didn't take the time to test and adapt AmiModRadio to AmigaOS 4 yet but I certainly will!

Will keep you posted :)
Cheers!

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »
Hi LionStorm!

Quote from: lionstorm;809943
this new version is mostly working under AOS4 ! I forgot or did not know I have to start AmigaAMP first and then AMR !

Very happy that it works :)

well the problem is still that AmigaAMP can not play mods sent my AMR !
if I specify mods/mpg then it workd for one song but apparently AMR is cycling through the whole AMinet/mods dir and therefore is switching to mods other than mpg (even if technically AmigaAmp can play MOD, S3M and XM).

could you add a preferred base mods path in the prefs ?

Actually, what you ask is already a feature of AmiModRadio: please just choose Aminet as a source and then type in the textfield (second from top text), for example "/mods/mpg" and, then, hit enter and, finally, select the "check mark button" next to it: from now, your source will be "Aminet/mods/mpg" and AmiModRadio will cycle through the modules (MPEG files available only in "/mods/mpg")... Let me know if this works for you!

BTW I think I found a little bug : if you save the prefs when a mod is playing, the main window is blanked.

Ah, it should be refreshed... Are you using MUI4? Could you send me a screenshot, sorry about that!

Take care!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:37:33 AM »
Quote from: lionstorm;810004
Thx I click on the check and mpg is now the default dir ! excellent !

I sent you a snapshot of the bug mentionned earlier and indeed I am using MUI4. And If I click the replay button, I am getting the info back !

Another annoying thing is that the WB screen tab on the top is flickering when mods are downloaded. could this be avoided ?

Received! I will look at this problem during the summer...
Cheers!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »
Quote from: Cass;810013
I`ve tried AMR with OS4.1FE and works fine.

The problem I`ve encountered is about the player itself : It fires up DeliTracker II, but it crashes as soon as it starts playing the module. It`s a well known issue, you have to decactivate the Paula-NotePlayer Genie and use the AHI-NotePlayer instead.

Great to know, thanks!

Quote from: Cass;810013
The issue is that the prefs file is ignored each time the program runs, even if you have saved the correct settings in DeliTracker.config.

That's a problem with DeliTracker not with AmiModRadio: AmiModRadio just starts DeliTracker, it does not manage its preferences files or anything...

Cheers!