Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS: Special Celebratory Price for MorphOS Keyfiles  (Read 6735 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: MorphOS: Special Celebratory Price for MorphOS Keyfiles
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 07, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;563078
Well if you can't transfer your license from one Mac to another, then I'd say stray way from the eMac as that monitor will not live forever, thus making support for it less appealing after all. :/

Well it has been stated that if a computer dies, they will allow a transfer to another system. This is done by direct contact for proof of computer death, but it is done.

I'd trust this to be true. My biggest fear is the MorphOS team "pulling a Holger Cruse" one day and then having the computer fail. There is no indication at this time they would ever do such a thing.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Fab

• Show only replies by Fab
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
There's not just one person in MorphOS team, and it's not a company subject to bankruptcy either. So a collective Holger Kruse effect is rather unlikely... IMO, there would always be someone able to build some keyfile-free version, if the project was abandoned (unless a meteor hits earth or so :)).

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
Quote from: som99;563305
Well if im not wrong you need to reset your key before reinstalling Windows else it fails WGA check if im not wrong, but since I havent used windows for quite some time im not sure, but I think a friend reinstalled windows and had to call MS to reser his license key.

That part is correct in a lot of cases, you will have to reactivate your installation key with Microsoft.  They allow you to move a retail key*, but not OEM or upgrades which are locked to the hardware and the original license, respectively.

* I think, now, that they only allow two or three moves within a certain time period.

Offline pVC

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 06:29:16 PM »
Quote from: gdanko;563299
Tempting but man, it's still pricey for a hobbyist OS. :/

"3xA1000, 4xA500, 1xA600, 1xA2000, 1xA2000HD, 2xA2500, 3xA3000, 1xA3000T, 1xA3500, 1xA4000, 1xA4000T, 1xCDTV, 1xA1200" those were that cheap? ;)
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
How long will this last? I want to buy it, the problem is that I have to wait about 1 or 2 weeks because then I get back 3500$ on my taxes, then ill get a eMac asap.

What is the price after this special offer?

Offline gdanko

• Show only replies by gdanko
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »
I am going to break down and take the plunge! I will sell my 1200 to cover the costs. :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »
Quote from: som99;563335
How long will this last?

I have no idea, but if they are replicating the MorphOS 2.0 introduction offer (they now have the same price as then as an anniversary celebration after all), they will return to normal prices at 15th of July. But don't take my word for it, it's just a thought. MorphOS 2.0 was released on 30th of June BTW, which could be another date to consider? But again, just pure speculations...

I want to buy it, the problem is that I have to wait about 1 or 2 weeks because then I get back 3500$ on my taxes, then ill get a eMac asap.

Then maybe you should consider a Mac Mini "silent upgrade" 1.5GHz? ;)

BTW, "Skatteverket" will be paying out the first 21 billion SEK in tax returns tomorrow, so money should get here next week! :)

What is the price after this special offer?

Well at least *it was* 150 EUR, so if they aren't doing any changes, I guess it will return to that?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:00:35 PM by takemehomegrandma »
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)