Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why doesn't the Amiga Die?  (Read 2077 times)

Description:

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Re: Why doesn't the Amiga Die?
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 28, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »
-Its one of those things, just recently I have had trouble with my Amiga, and did not stop unitl I put it right, over 7 hours work stripping it down to the bare mobo and then some.
Its all Ok now, but my point is simply this.
If that was my PC I would leave until I felt like it, but the Amiga is something else, simply put the Amiga is the best computer no matter what all the PC experts say. (ok not as powerfull granted) - (but easily gets my vote)
The Amiga is more friendly as a system.
Compared to any PC.
You have C,L,S,Devs,Libs, Prefs nothing to complicated about that.
Try to get into a PC that quick and easy to see exactly where you are. As the PC got any thing like Aminet ?
No but the Amiga has, with contributions from all good fellow Amiga enthusiastes.
If I am truly honest and I will stick my neck out here.

If I have a choice either to get rid of my Athlon or my Amiga, I would let my Athlon go, why ?
Because the Amiga 600 was the first ever 16 bit computer I owned. It went on from there.  Now I have a good system with fully usable Internet, towered with Mediator, lots of great memories. (I say again not as powerfull as todays PC`s) but does that realy matter ?
Do I regret any of it ? No never.

Mike.

Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
Re: Why doesn't the Amiga Die?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 06:44:18 PM »
I use Amiga because it reminds me of my youth.. guess its a try to stay young and live forever :love:
Better sorry than worry.