Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Mystery Amiga Hardware Coming to the DiscreetFX iStore on June 30th, 2010!  (Read 22372 times)

Description:

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Well, I'd certainly like to see(BUY) the new $99 A1200/3000/4000 combo board with the 1.8GHz G4,80MHz 040,USB,SD card,and enhanced 24 bit 1920x1200 full-motion video in/out !!!!!!

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Guesses,round #2

#1 Some type of  new video  gizmo to allow higher resolution and use of  modern LCD monitors(It only says Discreet never sold this type product before ,not that no one  has sold it before0.

#2 New networking solution to allow two Amigas to run as a dual-processor inut!

#3 Program to run on x86 machines but using the Amiga classic as I/O (similar to but not UAE.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Hey!
On page six I did come close on  item #3 ; I was thinking of AF  when I said  an emulator not UAE ,just didn't expect all this hype over things that already exist.

I am sorely disappointed by the promtion of  items practically identical  toitems  long available elsewhere .

Joysticks are nothing special,I have dozens-every  ex-Amigan/C= user has loads they throw in the deals.

IDE and SCSI to flash and SSD  adapters can be ordered direct from Hong Kong-I have had them for months.

Amiga Forever is a very nice  package for those who want a ready to go solution-I have had AF for years.

Let me  again publically thank Discreet for the A4D from Christmas contest.

That said,this "new hardware" announcement deserves a big yawn,if not a BOO!

No wonder people think Amiga users are stupid in these days of quad-core multi-GHZ Wintel machines!!!!

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Personally I would have welcomed an announcement of  all the products that DIDN'T  try to fool us into thinking something  entirely new and fantastic was coming.

It is good that you are providing all three products .

But I wonder if anyone really thinks mocking customers is a way to increase sales?I once worked for a tractor dealer who ridiculed his customers who wanted parts for older  equipment.He hoped that would be shamed into buying new tractors.He is long ago out of business, and lasted only a few years .

I have to still think Commodore's ads of the 1990s were the most ineffective as those ads used minimal images of the computer but instead too many non-computer cartoon  figures and lots of words that readers simply flipped past.And spending your ad budget in magazines for people who already own your product is odd targeting if you want new customers.

Certainly this generated a lot of interest.