Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did we all just witness Windows start to die?  (Read 10895 times)

Description:

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Did we all just witness Windows start to die?
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
Windows dying? Yeah right.

I notice the people that post here are Windows 8 bashers, but I've been using it for quite sometime now. From Alpha/Beta to RTM/Gold.

I love it, boots in a couple of seconds because the desktop isn't loading (loads when you click on the desktop application if you need it). Quick/snappy and navigating is easy to do swipe to the left swipe to right how hard is that???

The logon screen is great can add notifications and various other things, so some items you don't even need to logon to see. Birthday notifications, how many emails are in your inbox, weather.... all sorts :-)

I don't miss the start menu, and it is about time it died. Although we will be stuck with it for another generation yet until the younger kids have come through anyway.

Windows 8 apps are great, multiple windows are still there just run the mouse pointer down the left hand side and you get a bar appearing with thumb prints of all open applications.

The desktop is still there but I'm finding that more and more a cluttered mess, but there are applications that still need it :-(

The task manager in Windows 8 is 100% better with a nicer layout with a lot more information then Windows XP/Vista and 7.

The Windows 8 tools are far better too and for an enterprise/domain environment the list of tools and updates that just make everyday maintenance etc has far improved.

There is a huge number of the new generation that also think the same way, just need to visit any school. Having a 6 year old I can see where technology will be going.

Tablets, smart phones and laptops are the norm. They just jump on any of the three and straight away discover how to use Windows 8 and most haven't touched a computer before. It's amazing to see.

I remember the same arguments coming up when the start button was introduced and look where that led us?

IE10 in Windows 8 Application mode is great, thumb nails replaces the tab bar which makes it easier to see each webpage live without switching and many more cool little features one finds.

Windows 8 is great, I think they may have their timing a little off but in the long run they have made the right move.

The surface devices are fantastic too, great piece of kit. I'd recommend the pro over the RT version though. The RT is a strange device.

Anyway I wont continue on and wait for my stoning to begin ;-)
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub