Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E3B - press release regarding potential software problems  (Read 5376 times)

Description:

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show all replies
Re: E3B - press release regarding potential software problem
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:43:47 AM »
Just to be clear, these elbox bashers do not represent the Amiga community as a whole. I whole heartedly support Elbox, and am a very happy customer.

Now this thing with E3B not supporting the use of a particular piece of hardware is what I consider to be childish. Even if it requires a seperate registration, the fact that it works is reason enough to support it... For the sake of US, the Amiga users.
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show all replies
Re: E3B - press release regarding potential software problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
All parties involved are a part of the Amiga community. We are all family. Pull your heads out of your backsides and cooperate with eachother, for the sake of the family.

EVERYONE needs to quit the flamewars and lawsuits. Every company, every developer of hardware and software, drivers, etc.

As a user, I have to buy hardware, buy / register software... The Amiga community isn't large enough anymore for crackers and pirates to run rapant with your product, so that is no excuse. And if two companies can't work out a deal to sell something together, sell it seperately... But for f***s sake sell it anyway! We'll buy it because we need / want it.

And if this "I see that guy's drivers on your system so I'm gonna erase your harddrive" crap is actually true, then oh yeah there's gonna be backlash. But unless it becomes more than hearsay,  I'm not about to start flaming companies for it.

But I will flame for having something people can use, and refusing to allow access to it. That's lame. There are thousands of PCI-USB cards on the market... How about supporting something I can actually run down to Fry's and buy if you don't want to support Spider?!

And if Elbox wants to shut down my Mediator support because I'm using a Hodges Posiden stack, I say go right ahead. Not only will Elbox be sued to oblivion, everyone personally involved with that decision will be in court ordered debt to me and everyone else affected for the remainder of their lives.

SO GROW UP YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -