Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: MUI 5.0-2016R2 and MUI 4.0-2016R3 for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k released  (Read 640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline eliyahu

via muidev.de....

The MUI for AmigaOS development team is proud to announce the immediate release of version 4.0-2016R3 as well as 5.0-2016R2 of the Magic User Interface for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k. Please find the release archives in our download section

Like all former releases a keyfile is required to enable all available settings. Old keyfiles from MUI 3.8 can be used without any restriction.

Please note that MUI4 and MUI5 for AmigaOS3/m68k are definitely targeted at powerful systems with a fast CPU and a fast graphic board. Although it is still possible to run this release on a real 68k machine an emulation like WinUAE is very highly recommended. Also colormapped screens with 256 colors at most are still supported, but MUI4 and MUI5 make heavy use of fancy truecolor images and effects which cannot be provided on colormapped screens with the full range of possibilities.

These are the most important new features of MUI5:

  • inline editing in List objects
  • built-in hooks for multicolumn lists
  • built-in handling of sortable list columns
  • support for fixed (initial) width list columns
  • new Textdata class to support UTF8 encoded text (via codesets.library)
  • new reordering methods for Group and Family class

This will be the last release of MUI4 for AmigaOS. All further development will be continued with MUI5 for AmigaOS.
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
 

Offline Templario

Thanks for this new updates!
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9
 

Offline AmiKit

Congrats & Thanks! :pint:

Offline Dandy

Quote from: eliyahu;814730
via muidev.de....

The MUI for AmigaOS development team is proud to announce the immediate release of version 4.0-2016R3 as well as 5.0-2016R2 of the Magic User Interface for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k.



Errrmmm - excuse my ignorance - but why would anyone care for version 4, if he alreaday can have Version 5?

What is the benefit of v4 here over v5?

If you release a v5, there should be absolutely no reason to release an older/infefrior v4 at the same time...

Really confusing.
Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).

Quote from: eliyahu;814730
via muidev.de....

...
Like all former releases a keyfile is required to enable all available settings. Old keyfiles from MUI 3.8 can be used without any restriction.



What a cheek!
The author of the original stuff neither does sell keyfiles anymore, nor does he continue MUI development, and noone knows for sure if he hasn't fallen from the MountEverest with his mountain bike in the meantime.
So why for gods sake don't the muidev coders remove this requirement for a
v3.8 keyfile in the code of 3.9/4.x/5.x, if noone can buy this keyfile anymore?

Quote from: eliyahu;814730
via muidev.de....

Please note that MUI4 and MUI5 for AmigaOS3/m68k are definitely targeted at powerful systems with a fast CPU and a fast graphic board. Although it is still possible to run this release on a real 68k machine...



I think I can count my A4k with CSPPC and Voodoo4 among the fastest classic Amiga real machines that were ever built.
Nevertheless there are rumors that a 68060 @ 50 mHz is not really sufficient?
Hmmmm...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)
 

Offline AmiKit

@Dandy

That's the positive spirit, Dandy, keep it up! I am pretty sure the rest of the active Amiga developers out there (maybe 4 or 5?) would appreciate it too.

Offline AmiDude

@ Dandy

+1
 

Offline x303

Quote from: Dandy;814954

Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).


No-one can guarantee anything anymore. But still better than the new os from apple (sierra), which seems to break a lot of programs and still ppl install it.
 

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Quote from: Dandy;814954
Errrmmm - excuse my ignorance - but why would anyone care for version 4, if he alreaday can have Version 5?

What is the benefit of v4 here over v5?

If you release a v5, there should be absolutely no reason to release an older/infefrior v4 at the same time...

Really confusing.
Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).



What a cheek!
The author of the original stuff neither does sell keyfiles anymore, nor does he continue MUI development, and noone knows for sure if he hasn't fallen from the MountEverest with his mountain bike in the meantime.
So why for gods sake don't the muidev coders remove this requirement for a
v3.8 keyfile in the code of 3.9/4.x/5.x, if noone can buy this keyfile anymore?



I think I can count my A4k with CSPPC and Voodoo4 among the fastest classic Amiga real machines that were ever built.
Nevertheless there are rumors that a 68060 @ 50 mHz is not really sufficient?
Hmmmm...


+1,000,000

This needs to be posted on every thread about this subject. I hate to smack on developers but the development path of this software makes less and less sense with every update. :(
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos
 

Offline adonay

Quote from: Dandy;814954
Errrmmm - excuse my ignorance - but why would anyone care for version 4, if he alreaday can have Version 5?

What is the benefit of v4 here over v5?

If you release a v5, there should be absolutely no reason to release an older/infefrior v4 at the same time...

Really confusing.
Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).



What a cheek!
The author of the original stuff neither does sell keyfiles anymore, nor does he continue MUI development, and noone knows for sure if he hasn't fallen from the MountEverest with his mountain bike in the meantime.
So why for gods sake don't the muidev coders remove this requirement for a
v3.8 keyfile in the code of 3.9/4.x/5.x, if noone can buy this keyfile anymore?



I think I can count my A4k with CSPPC and Voodoo4 among the fastest classic Amiga real machines that were ever built.
Nevertheless there are rumors that a 68060 @ 50 mHz is not really sufficient?
Hmmmm...


I could not agree more
A1200 ACA 1230
 

Offline Jeff

  • VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2003
  • Posts: 1380
  • Total likes: 0
Well said! I even paid for a legitimate keyfile years ago. All I received was an email saying to "use a copy of someone else's key" which they didn't even attach properly.
 

Offline klx300r

thanks to all involved for another update:hammer:

@ Dandy

+1 :)
____________________________________________________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@50, A4000-CSMKIII
Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel: