Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MUI 5.0-2016R2 and MUI 4.0-2016R3 for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k released  (Read 1108 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Quote from: Dandy;814954
Errrmmm - excuse my ignorance - but why would anyone care for version 4, if he alreaday can have Version 5?

What is the benefit of v4 here over v5?

If you release a v5, there should be absolutely no reason to release an older/infefrior v4 at the same time...

Really confusing.
Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).

What a cheek!
The author of the original stuff neither does sell keyfiles anymore, nor does he continue MUI development, and noone knows for sure if he hasn't fallen from the MountEverest with his mountain bike in the meantime.
So why for gods sake don't the muidev coders remove this requirement for a
v3.8 keyfile in the code of 3.9/4.x/5.x, if noone can buy this keyfile anymore?

I think I can count my A4k with CSPPC and Voodoo4 among the fastest classic Amiga real machines that were ever built.
Nevertheless there are rumors that a 68060 @ 50 mHz is not really sufficient?
Hmmmm...

+1,000,000

This needs to be posted on every thread about this subject. I hate to smack on developers but the development path of this software makes less and less sense with every update. :(
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos