Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS: Public Release of MorphOS 3.6  (Read 12271 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: MorphOS: Public Release of MorphOS 3.6
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:33:57 AM »
Holy cat piss batman!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
I fear a world in which no one owns physical copies of books, software, etc. And everyone must depend upon internet acess not to mention technology as a whole to gain acess to things we have paid for.
 Further more in such a world, companies can withold software you have bought, or can alter eBooks (information) which you have downloaded.

No sirt, I'd rather also still have the option of using physical copies, and as said before, you don't have to burn a CD to install the ISO update. It's all rather simple actually, doesn't even need an updater feature for people too lazy to read. :)

Quote from: Lurch;767738
Starting to look really good, a shame nobody is picking up warp3d. I understand that it's old but would still be nice :-)

Still not a fan of Ambient, also is there such a thing as "morphos update"? There's grunch I know but pretty buggy and doesn't always work.

Would be great to be able to update from within MorphOS instead of having to deal with old fashioned discs all the time :-/

Liking the SMBFS though :-)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
So long as I can KEEP a physical copy from an on-line update, then I'm happy. :)

Quote from: Hans_;767838
Congrats to the MorphOS dev team.

This is slightly off-topic, but since Lurch was talking about updates done via AmiUpdate... I have AmiUpdate set to save the downloaded archives of all updates to disk. So, I can make my own physical backups if I want to. That more or less addresses the risks that you list.

Personally, I prefer having a combination of small "automatic" updates, and periodically having new ISOs with all of the small updates included. That's the "best of both worlds."

Hans

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
Quote from: Alexco;768202
Seems like a nice release, but still no sound on my Apple Digital Audio G4. And still no support for my USB C-Media audio device. Not useful for me…

As long as we are stuck with Trident, you'll never see a USB audio card work with MorphOS, Aros, Amithlon, Amiga OS, etc.

I know, it sucks!

But ya, get a freaking Sound Blaster dude! It's not like we've got a ton of proffesional audio apps that require a professional sound card. Heck no one ever wrote a PuhDerBear for MorphOS so we can't even use our classic non AHI audio apps for that matter...

...not that they'd require a high end sound card but still.