Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new info on Elbox homepage  (Read 2341 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: new info on Elbox homepage
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »
To bad their ATA boards totally suck. Such a pain in the ass to get working. I was trouble shooting mine with Amigakit and my sockets eventually broke. Another thing I'm sending my 1200 up to Michigan to have repaired, so yes, thank you to both AmigaKit for not having a place for American consumers to send their stuff in for repairs and upgrades, and thanks for Elbox for making an expansion that is such a pain in the butt to install.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: new info on Elbox homepage
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:24:44 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;763493
I've had no issues with my FastATA apart from fitting it with a mediator and indimk2. Wish they would release a slightly higher riser kit for the mediator :)

The FastATA made a huge difference in HDD speed. Only issues I have is getting no response from Elbox, be it registration or asking about drivers.

Indeed, they should include a riser. I'm about to send my 1200 up to Michigan to have a guy custom fit slanted Kickstart sockets to replace the ones that were damaged during my trouble shooting process.

As for their less than friendly or responsive tech support... ya I'm not to keen on that either.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs