Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Patch-01 for Icaros 1.3 addresses speed, updater and 3D  (Read 1424 times)

Description:

Offline paoloneTopic starter

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
Patch-01 for Icaros 1.3 addresses speed, updater and 3D
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
Our great friend Deadwood has released two amazing ports for AROS: Cube and AssaultCube. They need a graphic card supported by Galliumand and a updated mesa.library, included in a freshly released patch for Icaros Desktop 1.3:

- Patch 01 on the Icaros website

This patch won't let you play games only. It addressess also some other annoying bugs found after 1.3 release: OWB and general speed issues, and problems updating the kernel with LiveUpdater. Since it updates LUPD, you won't use it to install this patch. You will need to extract the files into a path, enter the UPDATE drawer, and launch the INSTALL script double-clicking on its icon. It will do the rest for you. Patch 01 also introduces two new emulators (zsnes and kegs), and updates some programs (AviBuild, nasm and fuse) to their latest versions. In the end, you'll get a new kernel, mesa, arosc and some other libraries updated, the new wave datatype and all drivers updated to latest builds.
p.bes

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Patch-01 for Icaros 1.3 addresses speed, updater and 3D
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »
Cool!maybe this will resolve the plethora of issues I've been having since I bought my Aspire Once and installed IcarOS on it. I was comparing my experience with it versus MorphOS and really wondering what all the Aros hype was about. Now maybe I'll see.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:46 AM »
And yes, I dunno what he did, but my new Aspire One does seem a bit more stable. I think the main fault of my experiences lie in buggy apps and games. OWB cough cough.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
Quote from: paolone;646796
Our great friend Deadwood has released two amazing ports for AROS: Cube and AssaultCube. They need a graphic card supported by Galliumand and a updated mesa.library, included in a freshly released patch for Icaros Desktop 1.3:

- Patch 01 on the Icaros website

This patch won't let you play games only. It addressess also some other annoying bugs found after 1.3 release: OWB and general speed issues, and problems updating the kernel with LiveUpdater. Since it updates LUPD, you won't use it to install this patch. You will need to extract the files into a path, enter the UPDATE drawer, and launch the INSTALL script double-clicking on its icon. It will do the rest for you. Patch 01 also introduces two new emulators (zsnes and kegs), and updates some programs (AviBuild, nasm and fuse) to their latest versions. In the end, you'll get a new kernel, mesa, arosc and some other libraries updated, the new wave datatype and all drivers updated to latest builds.

I installed the update, and after rebooting, the system won`t go past the screenmode selection screen. There is a missing oop.library error. I booted from the Icaros Desktop Light CD, copied the "cd:boot/#?.gz" contents to the  hd sys:boot/ , but the exact same problem persists... Any ideas?
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline paoloneTopic starter

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »
@Cass

That's really strange. It didn't happen on any of the PC (physical and  virtual) I use for testing. You should try booting from the Icaros CD  and deleting all GZ files in the boot drawer of your hard drive, and  then replacing them. I've noticed that sometimes wanderer doesn't  actually overwrite files when you drag and drop them to a crowded  destination.

Don't use files from the latest nightly, they can introduce a bug.

If  you wish to roll back to your original Icaros 1.3 installation, don't  forget to copy the whole Libs and Devs drawers as well. The best way to  do this is using the copy command from the shell
Code: [Select]
copy "Aros live CD:Libs" TO aros:Libs ALL FOOVR NOPRO
copy "Aros live CD:Devs" TO aros:Devs ALL FOOVR NOPRO
p.bes