Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: IDE-adapters to 68k-socket and mouse adapter PCBs  (Read 9266 times)

Description:

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
Re: FS: IDE-adapters to 68k-socket and mouse adapter PCBs
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
This is a great project and well worth the money, thank you for continuing development on it! Please put me down on the list if you decide to make the version with ram. I have two of the first run and I would be interested in at least one and possibly two of those.

-Jeff

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
Looks great!

I have an A500 with an M-TEC 020 accelerator and 4MB... does someone tested it together with the IDE controller? Does it work in A2000/Blizzard 060?

Would it be possible to activate faster PIO modes using some kind of small commodity? (of course that would require that these faster modes were implemented). Or maybe implement a small DMA engine (although that would require to load a different scsi.device driver or a heavily patched one)

I would be interested in one when you add more memory (0/2/4/8 MB configurable with a jumper) and maybe a clockport (remember to mark very clear which one is the pin number one).

Network card or maybe an isa or pcmcia slot would be a dream come true.

Maybe 2 active ISA slots... I don't know.

As I haven't seen many 3rd party accelerators besides Atari's 030 or Lucas I'd like to know if it would be very difficult to add let's say a 020 or 030 cpu... with some ram, of course.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33:59 AM »
I would like two! 1 with no RAM and 1 with RAM (when its ready)

Email sent.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 04:04:18 AM »
Wish I had some extra $$ right now.  I've been thinking about a possible modification of a number of projects.

In particular, there's a lot of 68k socket stuff for the A500 with no clearance under the keyboard.  How about a board which could shift the socket stack towards the back of the computer a few inches to allow for an IDE port, clock ports, and whatever else in the "blank" space over the socket.  Then you could use the "shifted" socket towards the back of the case for your Derringer, MTec, or other accelerator.

Offline mrmklTopic starter

• Show only replies by mrmkl
    • http://www.iki.fi/mkl/
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 05:40:43 PM »
Adjusting PIO-modes probably doesn't do much anything  with 7 MHz 68000, this circuit doesn't really even check if the drive wants wait-states by using the IORDY signal. :roll: DMA is doable, when the CPLD controls the address lines of an on-board RAM chip. Some 68HC000 may be overclocked to atleast 28 MHz, as is proven by "Supraturbo."
The RAM chip which would be nice, is KM416C4104C, a 5 volt 4M x 16bit EDO DRAM. It is rare, I would have 4 pcs if I desolder them from SIMMs. (3.3 volt EDO chips are more common, but anyways obsolete) I have been planning a board to the dip-64 socket with that RAM and a CPLD (it would have only RAM.) I have another plans for a board that has RAM, ROM, IDE, CF and clockport.
An internal PCMCIA connector should be possible to add, for WLAN or ethernet card.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
A socket adapter, that shifts back the 68000 socket would be simple, but not extremely cheap, because it takes some PCB area.
It seems possible in A500. How much back can you move in A1000, A2000, or CDTV? How wide can the PCB be in these models?
There are still many V106 adapters/blank pcbs (+parts) for sale, 5 pcs at eBay, too. Also mouse adapters/blank pcbs.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
I'm offering a shipping to to "world" for fixed price of 5 euros. (without insurance or tracking, insurance or other services may cost more.)

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »
Don't know if you've seen it already but Zetr0 on the EAB started this thread and released some schematics for a homebuilt 14Mhz 68k accelerator for the A600. You just have to scroll down a little or search for the word "Musashi".

Anyway the IDE adapter looks cool.
Be Positive towards the Amiga community!

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »
An update: there has been no advancement in the 8MB fastram design in the past few weeks (with IDE and other extensions.) I did made a lot of "sketches" of boards, but things don't seem to "click together" perfectly. Of course I could "just do it", but now I am busy until next week.

The remaining sold boards not yet shipped will probably be sent on friday (delayed 1 week from previous "schedule" I have emailed some buyers.)

There a small number of IDE-adapters for sale, and many ps2m-adapters. I think it best use trackable mail when sending long distances, because sometime the risk of lost shipment comes true. Price is 5,60 for registered, or 7,80 for Exprès mail. The latter has a tracking code.

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
@Copland:

I have looked at the project. On Aminet (and not only there), there have been different double-frequency accelerator projects. The bottle neck of these accelerators is that there is no "fast ram", without a lot of waiting for (chip) RAM to be free to access. The acceleration is reduced to surprisingly little, it may be hardly noticeable. I haven't build a 14 MHz accelerator, but I aim to make similar with fastram, and try to see how much I can overclock it. 32MHz? 24MHz?
A500 accelerator is a bit simpler than a A600 one, because the CPU can be pulled from its socket, so the bus grant method of disabling the original CPU is not necessary (for internal accelerator, that replaces the original DIP64 68000.)

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 02:37:45 AM »
Shipping the sold boards has advanced rather sluggishly, but during this weekend I plan to have all packed and sent.

Offline yorgle

• Show only replies by yorgle
    • http://umlautllama.com
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 04:03:17 AM »
Will this IDE board work on an A1000?

Can it work with < 3.0?  That is, if i had a 1.3 workbench floppy disk that had the necessary driver, could it boot from the floppy into 1.3, then continue the boot process from the IDE drive, or does it require additions in the OS provided in 3.x?

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 04:16:41 AM »

yorgle wrote:

Can it work with < 3.0?

no. you need at least 37.300 rom (37.350 better, 3.1 best)
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 04:40:28 AM »

yorgle wrote:
Will this IDE board work on an A1000?

Can it work with < 3.0?  That is, if i had a 1.3 workbench floppy disk that had the necessary driver, could it boot from the floppy into 1.3, then continue the boot process from the IDE drive, or does it require additions in the OS provided in 3.x?

Software-wise:

If you have the A3000 super kickstart disk and the Workbench 2.1 boot disk, no problem. But you also need:

Hardware-wise:

At least 1Mb of Chip RAM, plus some FAST RAM.

-----

Other way: If your A1000 have the kickstart ROM 2.05 (37300 or 37350), simply plug the board and use the Install disk of the Workbench 2.1.

-----

Neither of the above? Forget about it!

Without a SCSI.device loaded in RAM, you can't boot from the HD, neither access it after diskette boot.
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline scrappysph

• Show only replies by scrappysph
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 09:56:58 PM »
Hi all,

Last night i lost out by £1 on ebay when trying to buy an ICD AdIDE.
I have advertised for a solution to adding a hdd to an a500 on amibay but was advised by coze on eab to check out this thread.
I have sent a pm to mrmkl but would like to ask a couple of questions before proceeding.
Is this compatible with a v1.3 A500 and will it autoboot or will i need a kickstart upgrade for that feature?
Will it fit in a standard A500 as i read somewhere that the clearance may not be enough under the a500 keyboard?
Will this work with a cf adaptor or will i need an actual hdd?

Sorry for the long 1st post just trying to get the full picture.

Thanks for the help

Mike

« Reply #44 from previous page: May 29, 2008, 11:21:39 PM »
These V1.06 will fit, it's low profile. The newer (A600) KS is needed to autoboot.